Download Subtraction of Unlike Fractions (Women’s Day Themed) Worksheets
Looking for the best way to teach students about Subtraction of Unlike Fractions?
This premium worksheet bundle contains 10 activities to challenge your students and help them understand Subtraction of Unlike Fractions.
Not ready to purchase a subscription yet? Click here to download a sample of this worksheet pack.
Unlike fractions are fractions that contains different denominators.
- It is the result of multiplying numbers by another whole number.
- It is possible that a number can be a multiple of two or more numbers. This is called common multiple.
- The smallest number that is common to two or more multiples is called least common multiple.
- Determining the correct least common multiple (LCM) is needed to get the least common denominators of two unlike fractions.
|Multiples of 2||2||4||6||8||10||12|
|Multiples of 3||3||6||9||12||15||18|
Since the multiples of 2 contains 6 and 12 and the multiples of 3 contains 6 and 12 as well, 6 and 12 are already considered common multiples. 6 is the smallest common multiple, it is call the least common multiple of 2 and 3.
- These are numbers being multiplied together to produce another number.
- Multiplying two or more numbers means that the factors are being multiplied together.
- In fact, factors are numbers involved when we perform multiplication.
What are the factors of 18?
The factors of 18 are 1, 2, 3, 6, 9, and 18.
GREATEST COMMON FACTORS
To find the GCF of two numbers:
- List the prime factors of each number.
- Multiply those factors both numbers have in common. If there are no common prime factors, the GCF is 1.
- GCF is needed in simplifying fractions or expressing them in simplest form.
SUBTRACTING UNLIKE FRACTIONS
Before you can subtract fractions with different denominators,
- Find the smallest multiple (LCM) of both numbers.
- Rewrite the fractions as equivalent fractions with the LCM as the denominator.
- Always express the answer in simplest form.
Subtraction of Unlike Fractions (Women’s Day Themed) Worksheets
This is a fantastic bundle which includes everything you need to know about Subtraction of Unlike Fractions across 21 in-depth pages. These are ready-to-use Common core aligned Kindergarten Math worksheets.
Each ready to use worksheet collection includes 10 activities and an answer guide. Not teaching common core standards? Don’t worry! All our worksheets are completely editable so can be tailored for your curriculum and target audience.
Click any of the example images below to view a larger version.
Worksheets Activities Included
Ages 8-9 (Basic)
- Female Achievement
- Girl Power
- Empowering Women
- Women’s Day Celebration
- Women’s Choices
Ages 9-10 (Advanced)
- Voice Finder
- Ms. Granger Says
- Women Appreciation Day
- Do It With Dr. Meredith
- Women Oath