Age 6-8 Math Worksheets
In this section, you can view all of our math worksheets and resources that are suitable for 6 to 8-year-olds.
We add dozens of new worksheets and materials for math teachers and homeschool parents every month. Below are the latest age 6-8 worksheets added to the site.
6-8 Years Of Age Math Learning Objectives & Standards:
- Learners 6-8 years of age widen their understanding of addition and subtraction of whole numbers by answering drills and word problems involving 3-digit numbers. Here, they make use of the learned concepts by integrating it to the concept of money. By doing such, learners will appreciate the importance of basic fundamental math operations in their daily living.
- They deepen their recognition of numbers by classifying them as even or odd. They also learn to investigate simple number patterns in relation to even and odd numbers. For example, the sum of any two odd numbers is always an odd number; the sum of any two even numbers always result in an even number, etc.
- They explore the characteristics of prime and composite numbers and identify whether a number is prime or composite. Learners at this age bracket are introduced to the concepts of number line — arranging numbers in a single array and look back to the ancient time of writing numbers using Roman Numerals.
- Learning the foundation of fractions is a critical point at this age level. They will reinforce their previous understanding of fractions to clearly identify the basic parts of a fractions and create visual models for unit fractions.
- They extend their understanding of place value by delving into hundreds and thousands. Expressing numbers in expanded form are limited to hundreds and thousands only. They also engaged in measuring the perimeter of an object/shape by simply adding its lengths. Also, they learn to appreciate the importance of time by distinguishing the concepts of days, weeks, months, and years as well as their equivalence in different unit/s.