Age 9-11 Math Worksheets
In this section, you can view all of our math worksheets and resources that are suitable for 9 to 11-year-olds.
We add dozens of new worksheets and materials for math teachers and homeschool parents every month. Below are the latest age 9-11 worksheets added to the site.
9-11 Years Of Age Math Learning Objectives & Standards:
- At this point of their learning, they should be towards the mastery and application of the four basic operations involving decimals, fractions, and whole numbers. They should give more emphasis on multi-digit whole numbers, mixed numbers, decimals, like and unlike fractions, as well as proper and improper fractions. Here, learners are given opportunities to develop their critical thinking, analytical thinking, and their problem solving skills. They should be able to formulate their own strategies and methods of finding the right answers. If the list of topics on the CCSS math curriculum is reviewed, this age bracket would be the last stage of centralizing and crystalizing the concepts and procedures of dealing with whole numbers, fractions, and decimals.
- If the previous age bracket was only limited to conversion of like units of measurements, this cluster gives more emphasis on converting unlike units of measurements. Here, they will strengthen the learned concepts of measurements and the different units for length, weight, capacity, etc by solving word problems. They will also introduce to the world of triangles, quadrilaterals, and other irregular shapes as they compute their area.
- Learners will have an initial attempt to grasp the concepts of graphing using the Cartesian Coordinate Plane where ordered pairs, x – axis, y-axis, quadrants, etc will be the starting point of building their understanding. Also, they will represent raw data using pie graphs.
- Learners will explore the place value of large numbers. They will make use of the learned concepts for them to be able to round off whole numbers to the nearest ten, hundred, thousand, etc.
- In probability, they will have an introduction of the basic terms related to probability, the probability line, and probability of random events.