Age 7-9 Math Worksheets
In this section, you can view all of our math worksheets and resources that are suitable for 7 to 9-year-olds.
We add dozens of new worksheets and materials for math teachers and homeschool parents every month. Below are the latest age 7-9 worksheets added to the site.
7-9 Years Of Age Math Learning Objectives & Standards:
- This age bracket is an entry level to the last two basic fundamental math operations: multiplication and division. Learners are expected to attain mastery of addition and subtraction of whole numbers up to thousands and start to dig into the concepts of multiplication and division within 100.
- They must realize the interconnectedness of the four basic fundamental math operations by associating multiplication as repeated addition and division as repeated subtraction and their properties. They should also get familiarized with the parts of a multiplication/division sentences and represent them as number bonds and fact families. More importantly, to express a particular real-life problem that needs to be solved using multiplication/division such as money transactions, number of bottles in a box, total number of chairs arranged in rows and columns, equal and fair sharing, etc. Solving mathematical sentences that involve two or more basic fundamental operations are also given importance at this level.
- Learners are continuously developing broader concepts of fractions by comparing, composing, and expressing equivalence of like fractions (fractions that have the same denominator). Aside from these, they will also add and subtract fractions and arrange them in a number line.
- They will also begin to indulge with illustrations and names of decimals — beginning with tenths and hundredths. They must express 0.34 as three tenths and four hundredths.
- In the aspect of Geometry and measurements, learners will explore shape transformations e.g. rotation, reflection, translation and the idea of area by primarily using square grids.