Download Solving Word Problems Involving Linear Equations and Linear Inequalities Worksheets
Looking for the best way to teach students about solving word problems involving linear equations and linear inequalities?
This premium worksheet bundle contains 10 activities to challenge your students and help them understand solving word problems involving linear equations and linear inequalities.
Not ready to purchase a subscription yet? Click here to download a sample of this worksheet pack.
Linear Equation is composed of variables and constants. Its standard equation is in the form y = mx + b. It forms a straight line when graphed in a cartesian plane.
Linear inequality is a mathematical statement that contains two expressions, either numeric or algebraic, with the involvement of inequality symbols such as >, >, <, <, and ≠
Linear Equations are mathematical equations that contain variables and constants. These equations are composed of two expressions that are connected by an equality symbol, =.
Steps in converting word problems into linear equations:
- Read and understand each word in the statement
- Take note of the important words and the unknown/s mentioned in the statement.
- Assign variable/s to represent the unknown/s
- Translate the words into mathematical equation
- Solve for the unknown/s
Linear Inequality is a mathematical expression that uses inequality symbols such as:
- Greater than- >
- Less than- <
- Greater than or equal to- >
- Less than or equal to- <
- Four more than a number is 8.
- 4 + x = 8
- Twice a number less than 6 is 16.
- 2x – 6 = 16
- The product of 8 and a number decreased by 5 is 34.
- 8x – 5 = 34
- The sum of 3x and 4 is at least 34.
- 3x + 4 > 34
- The product of 9 and 3x is less than 60.
- (9)(3x) < 60
- 5 increased by 5x is greater than 80.
- 5 + 5x > 80
Solving Word Problems Involving Linear Equations and Linear Inequalities Worksheets
This is a fantastic bundle which includes everything you need to know about Linear Equations & Inequalities across 21 in-depth pages. These are ready-to-use Common core aligned Grade 7 Math worksheets.
Each ready to use worksheet collection includes 10 activities and an answer guide. Not teaching common core standards? Don’t worry! All our worksheets are completely editable so can be tailored for your curriculum and target audience.
Click any of the example images below to view a larger version.