Download Unlike Fractions (Candy Themed) Worksheets
Click the button below to get instant access to these premium worksheets for use in the classroom or at a home.
This worksheet can be edited by Premium members using the free Google Slides online software. Click the Edit button above to get started.
- Fractions are numbers that represent equal parts of a collection or a whole.
- There are two parts of fractions which are the numerator and the denominator.
- Two types of fractions are called like fractions and unlike fractions.
- Like fractions are fractions sharing the same denominator, while unlike fractions have different denominators.
CONVERTING UNLIKE FRACTIONS TO LIKE FRACTIONS
- Step 1: Identify the Least Common Denominator (LCD) of the addends.
- Step 2: Change the fractions to make their denominators the same with the LCD.
- Step 3: Now that the fractions have the same denominator, you may now proceed to performing the different operations. Simplify the fractions as necessary.
HOW TO FIND THE LCD?
List down all the multiples of the denominator and find the least common multiple (LCM).
Example: (3 x 5 = 15 | 5 x 3 = 15)
3 = 3, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18, 21, 24, 27, 30
5 = 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, 50
Multiply the whole fraction with the multiplier that will make the denominator the same form as the LCM.
Unlike Fractions (Candy Themed) Worksheets
This is a fantastic bundle which includes everything you need to know about Unlike Fractions across 21 in-depth pages.
Each ready to use worksheet collection includes 10 activities and an answer guide. Not teaching common core standards? Don’t worry! All our worksheets are completely editable so can be tailored for your curriculum and target audience.
Click any of the example images below to view a larger version.
Worksheets Activities Included
Ages 8-9 (Basic)
- Check or Cross
- Taste the Candies
- Candy Colors
- Childhood Candy
- Homemade Candies
Ages 9-10 (Advanced)
- New Flavors
- My Favorite Candy
- Find It!
- Greater, Lesser, or Equal?
- Let’s Go to the Park