Download Solving Word Problems Involving Lengths Worksheets
Click the button below to get instant access to these premium worksheets for use in the classroom or at a home.
This worksheet can be edited by Premium members using the free Google Slides online software. Click the Edit button above to get started.
A word problem is similar to a short story. It asks us to solve for something by changing the given phrases to number sentences to find the solution.
What should be know in solving for word problems?
- What is given?
- What is asked?
- What operation should be used?
- What number sentence should be written
- What is the solution?
Steps to follow in solving word problems
- Read your problem carefully
- Draw a picture or a diagram
- Look for keywords as you read
- Write a number model or a number sentence
- Find the answer and write the correct unit
Janni brought 120 cm long cue before his training. After the training he realized that his cue is too long, so he brought 100 cm long cue on the next day of the training. What is the difference of first cue and the second cue?
- What is given? First Cue:120 cm Second Cue:100 cm
- What is asked?
Difference of first and second cue
- What Operation should be used? Subtraction
- What number sentence should be written 120 – 100 = ?
- What is the solution? 120 cm – 100 cm = 20 cm
*The difference of first and second cue is 20 cm.
Solving Word Problems Involving Lengths Worksheets
This is a fantastic bundle which includes everything you need to know about Solving Word Problems Involving Lengths across 15+ in-depth pages. These are ready-to-use Common core aligned Grade 2 Math worksheets.
Each ready to use worksheet collection includes 10 activities and an answer guide. Not teaching common core standards? Don’t worry! All our worksheets are completely editable so can be tailored for your curriculum and target audience.
Click any of the example images below to view a larger version.