The Word Problem Worksheets listed below will provide help for students who need to practice solving math word problems.
Before working through the worksheets, discuss with your children any phrases or vocabulary that they may be unsure of. Try to make a dictionary available that they can refer to if they need it.
This Word Problem Worksheet page is a recent addition to HelpingWithMath.com. There will be lots more worksheets added over the next few months.
Converting Metric Units
Distance Word Problems Worksheet – Converting between mm, cm, m, & kmMetric Mass Word Problems Worksheet – Converting between mg, g, & kgConverting Metric Units of Measurement – Post-assessment (10 questions)Converting Metric Units of Measurement – Pre-assessment
- Word Problems: Decimals Worksheet – with addition, subtraction, multiplication, & division
- Word Problems: Multi-step
- Word Problems: Money With Fractions
- Word Problems: Money – Post-assessment (8 questions)
- Word Problems: Money – Pre-assessment
Multiplication and Division
- Division Word Problems Worksheet (2 Pages)
- Multiplication Word Problems Worksheet (2 Pages)
- Multiplication Word Problems: Product Unknown : Product Unknown
- Multiplication Word Problems: Set Size Unknown : Set Size Unknown
- Multiplication Word Problems: Multiplier Unknown : Multiplier Unknown
- Multiplication & Division Word Problems
- Time Word Problems Worksheet – Elapsed time and converting between minutes and hours
- Adding To/ Taking From (5-pages with 30 questions)
- Joining/ Taking Apart & Comparing (8-pages with 48 questions)
Click the links above to open the worksheets in a new window. Each worksheet has a Print button and an option to view answers. You will find help on how to solve math word problems here.