Download Examining Shapes of Distribution Worksheets
Looking for the best way to teach students about Examining Shapes of Distribution?
This premium worksheet bundle contains 10 activities to challenge your students and help them understand Examining Shapes of Distribution.
Not ready to purchase a subscription yet? Click here to download a sample of this worksheet pack.
The shape of a distribution is characterized by its number of peaks and by its possession of symmetry, its possibility to skew, or its uniformity.
The shape of a statistical distribution can be:
- A distribution that is not skewed.
- It is also known as the “Normal Distribution”.
- It is perfectly symmetrical.
- The mean, media, and mode are having the same value and located at the peak and center of the distribution.
- The long tail of the curve falls on the negative side of the curve.
- It is also known as the “Skewed to the left distribution”.
- The mean of the distribution is located at the left side of the peak.
- The long tail of the curve falls on the positive side of the curve.
- It is also known as the “Skewed to the right distribution”.
- The mean of the distribution is located at the right side of the peak.
A distribution can also be shaped depending on its flatness and/or uniformity.
Flat – All scores are having equal frequency. Another type of symmetric distribution.
Bimodal – A distribution with two modal scores.
Multimodal – A distribution with more than two modal scores.
Examining Shapes of Distribution Worksheets
This is a fantastic bundle which includes everything you need to know about Examining Shapes of Distribution across 15+ in-depth pages. These are ready-to-use Common core aligned Grade 6 Math worksheets.
Each ready to use worksheet collection includes 10 activities and an answer guide. Not teaching common core standards? Don’t worry! All our worksheets are completely editable so can be tailored for your curriculum and target audience.
Click any of the example images below to view a larger version.