Download Understanding Ratio between Two Quantities Worksheets
Click the button below to get instant access to these premium worksheets for use in the classroom or at a home.
This worksheet can be edited by Premium members using the free Google Slides online software. Click the Edit button above to get started.
In mathematics, a ratio indicates how many times one number contains another. In other term, it simply shows the relative sizes of two or more values.
- It says how much of one thing there is compared to another thing
- It is a comparison of two similar quantities obtained by dividing one quantity by the other
We use the word “to”–we say “the ratio of something to something else.” Ratios can be written in several different ways: as a fraction, using the word “to”, or with a colon.
- To find an equal ratio, you can either multiply or divide each term in the ratio by the same number (but not zero).
- For example, if we divide both terms in the ratio 3:6 by the number three, then we get the equal ratio, 1:2.
- To find out if two ratios are equal, you can divide the first number by the second for each ratio. If the quotients are equal, then the ratios are equal.
- Is the ratio 3:12 equal to the ratio 36:72? Divide both, and you discover that the quotients are not equal. Therefore, these two ratios are not equal.
Understanding Ratio between Two Quantities Worksheets
This is a fantastic bundle which includes everything you need to know about Understanding Ratio between Two Quantities across 15+ in-depth pages. These are ready-to-use Common core aligned Grade 6 Math worksheets.
Each ready to use worksheet collection includes 10 activities and an answer guide. Not teaching common core standards? Don’t worry! All our worksheets are completely editable so can be tailored for your curriculum and target audience.
Click any of the example images below to view a larger version.