Download Recognizing Symmetrical Figures Worksheets
Click the button below to get instant access to these premium worksheets for use in the classroom or at a home.
This worksheet can be edited by Premium members using the free Google Slides online software. Click the Edit button above to get started.
In geometry, symmetry happens when two or more parts are identical after a flip, slide or turn.
- This comes from words “syn” which means “together” and “metros” which means “to measure”.
- This means agreement in dimensions, due proportion, arrangement, having a common measure, even, proportionate.
LINE OF SYMMETRY
- The “Line of Symmetry” is the imaginary line where you could fold the image and have both halves match exactly.
- It is also known as reflection symmetry where one half of the picture reflects the other side, in half, of the figure.
- Vertical Line of Symmetry- A line which runs down an image. Thus, dividing it into two identical halves.
- Horizontal Line of Symmetry. A line that runs across the image thus dividing into two identical halves.
Recognizing Symmetrical Figures Worksheets
This is a fantastic bundle which includes everything you need to know about Recognizing Symmetrical Figures across 15+ in-depth pages. These are ready-to-use Common core aligned Grade 4 Math worksheets.
Each ready to use worksheet collection includes 10 activities and an answer guide. Not teaching common core standards? Don’t worry! All our worksheets are completely editable so can be tailored for your curriculum and target audience.
Click any of the example images below to view a larger version.