Download Comparing and Ordering Similar and Dissimilar Fractions Worksheets
Looking for the best way to teach students about Comparing and Ordering Similar and Dissimilar Fractions?
This premium worksheet bundle contains 10 activities to challenge your students and help them understand Comparing and Ordering Similar and Dissimilar Fractions.
Not ready to purchase a subscription yet? Click here to download a sample of this worksheet pack.
When comparing and sequencing (ordering) parts of whole, numerators (or both numerators and denominators) are considered.
- Ordering fractions involve arranging individual fractions from the lowest value to the highest one, or the other way around.
- Ordering fractions starts with the process of comparing one fraction to another, so that the bigger or smaller parts of a whole can be identified.
- So called similar fractions are those parts of a whole which are expressed with the same denominators, while those with different denominators are called dissimilar fractions.
- In similar fractions, since the denominators are the same, you just have to look into the numerators.
- The bigger the numerator equates to bigger fractions, only if they have equivalent denominators.
- Ordering fractions of equal denominators only require arranging the numerators, imagining that they are whole numbers.
- Meanwhile, in dissimilar fractions, there are still two cases: the one with similar numerator and the one with dissimilar numerators. Dissimilar fractions with similar numerators are easier to compare and order than the other kind.
- If two dissimilar fractions have the same numerator, it can easily be said that the one containing the larger value of denominator is smaller, because containing higher value of denominator means that an object is cut into smaller parts.
- Dissimilar fractions with dissimilar numerators cannot be instantly determined if one fraction is larger in value than the other just by gazing at it.
- Since the denominators are not equal, comparison is only allowed after they were converted to equivalent fractions, especially if even the numerators are not the same.
- Equivalent fractions are fractions with the same denominators.
Comparing and Ordering Similar and Dissimilar Fractions Worksheets
This is a fantastic bundle which includes everything you need to know about Comparing and Ordering Similar and Dissimilar Fractions across 15+ in-depth pages. These are ready-to-use Common core aligned Grade 4 Math worksheets.
Each ready to use worksheet collection includes 10 activities and an answer guide. Not teaching common core standards? Don’t worry! All our worksheets are completely editable so can be tailored for your curriculum and target audience.
Click any of the example images below to view a larger version.