Download Understanding Congruence and Similarity of 2D Figures Worksheets
Click the button below to get instant access to these premium worksheets for use in the classroom or at a home.
This worksheet can be edited by Premium members using the free Google Slides online software. Click the Edit button above to get started.
Congruent figures have the same shape and size while similar figures have the same shape but not necessarily have the same size. Identifying congruent and similar figures can be confusing sometimes. In this worksheet you will further understand the congruence and similarity of 2D figures.
- The word “congruent” comes from the Latin word “congruere” which means “to come together, correspond with”.
- Mathematically speaking, two figures are said to be congruent if they are exactly the same.
- Congruent figures are identical when it comes to their angle measurements, lengths of sides and overall dimensions.
- Congruent shapes can be rotated, translated and reflected and still be congruent.
- Similar figures are said to be similar if they are proportional to one another.
- They may have different sizes but as long as they are the same in shape and the ratios of their sides are equal, they are considered similar.
Understanding Congruence and Similarity of 2D Figures Worksheets
This is a fantastic bundle which includes everything you need to know about Understanding Congruence and Similarity of 2D Figures across 15+ in-depth pages. These are ready-to-use Common core aligned Grade 8 Math worksheets.
Each ready to use worksheet collection includes 10 activities and an answer guide. Not teaching common core standards? Don’t worry! All our worksheets are completely editable so can be tailored for your curriculum and target audience.
Click any of the example images below to view a larger version.