Download Subtraction of Radicals (Quiz Bee Themed) Worksheets
Looking for the best way to teach students about Subtraction of Radicals?
This premium worksheet bundle contains 10 activities to challenge your students and help them understand Subtraction of Radicals.
Not ready to purchase a subscription yet? Click here to download a sample of this worksheet pack.
A radical is a symbol that represents a particular root of a number.
- The square root (√) of a number is another number which produces the first number when it is multiplied by itself. Its index is always 2.
- Cube root (∛) of number is a value which when multiplied by itself thrice or three times produces the original value.
How to Subtract Radicals?
To subtract radicals, you should remember the following:
- The indices and what is inside the radical (called the radicand) must be exactly alike.
- If the indices and radicands are alike, then subtract the terms in front of each like radical.
- If the indices or radicands are not the same, then you can not subtract the radicals.
- 18√2 – 9√2
Since the indices and radicands of the given radicals are the same, it is possible to solve the difference.
18√2 – 9√2 = (18 – 9)√2 = 9√2
Subtraction of Radicals (Quiz Bee Themed) Worksheets
This is a fantastic bundle which includes everything you need to know about Subtraction of Radicals across 21 in-depth pages.
Each ready to use worksheet collection includes 10 activities and an answer guide. Not teaching common core standards? Don’t worry! All our worksheets are completely editable so can be tailored for your curriculum and target audience.
Click any of the example images below to view a larger version.
Worksheets Activities Included
Ages 12-13 (Basic)
- The Trainees Screening
- It’s a Match
- Quiz Bee Training Day 1
- Finders Keepers
- Not For Novice Participants
Ages 13-14 (Advanced)
- Leveled Up Test
- Who Got It Right?
- Explain Your Point
- Got Some Words
- The Clincher Round