Download Subtraction of Mixed Numbers (Farm Themed) Worksheets
Looking for the best way to teach students about Subtraction of Mixed Numbers?
This premium worksheet bundle contains 10 activities to challenge your students and help them understand Subtraction of Mixed Numbers.
A mixed number is a combination of a whole number and a proper fraction.
SUBTRACTING MIXED NUMBERS
- Change the mixed numbers into improper fractions.
- Check if the fractions have the same denominators. If they do not have the same denominators, get the LCD (Least Common Denominator) of the fractions to get their equivalent fractions.
- Subtract and reduce your answer in lowest term if possible. Also, if your answer is in improper fraction, you have to rewrite it as a mixed number.
- Subtract the whole numbers.
- Change the fractions into like fractions (fractions with the same denominators).
- Subtract the numerators. Then, add the difference of whole numbers and like fractions. Reduce your answer in lowest term if needed.
Subtraction of Mixed Numbers (Farm Themed) Worksheets
This is a fantastic bundle which includes everything you need to know about Subtraction of Mixed Numbers across 21 in-depth pages.
Each ready to use worksheet collection includes 10 activities and an answer guide. Not teaching common core standards? Don’t worry! All our worksheets are completely editable so can be tailored for your curriculum and target audience.
Click any of the example images below to view a larger version.
Worksheets Activities Included
Age 9-10 (Basic)
- Keep the Pests Away
- Down on the Farm
- Building a Barnyard
- Farm Animals
- Let’s Get Movin’
Age 10-11 (Advanced)
- Farm Adventure and Fun
- Chicken and Eggs
- Farm Fresh Dairy
- What’s Growing?
- Harvest Happenings