Some math problems, such as multiplying two numbers, are best worked out using pencil and paper. The multiplication worksheets listed below are specially designed for printing and each one can be part of the homework lessons you provide for your child. Multiplication skills increase with practice and working through these free worksheets will help your child improve in math.
Download the Multiplication Worksheets
Looking for more multiplication math worksheets? Click below to view our entire library!
What’s in the worksheets
All the multiplication worksheets contain between 20 and 30 multiplication questions. The title of each worksheet indicates the type of questions (e.g. 3-digit by 2-digit). This will help you select the right worksheets to help with your child’s homework
Check out this multiplication worksheet generator. You can set your own type of question by selecting a range of values for both numbers and you can randomly generate any number of questions.
List of multiplication worksheets
The fifteen multiplication worksheets below are based on the multiplication tables and can be used to help your child to practice and memorize multiplication facts. The questions are formatted both horizontally and vertically.
- Multiplying by 2 (2x table) e.g. 1 x 2 to 10 x 2
- Multiplying by 3 (3x table) e.g. 1 x 3 to 10 x 3
- Multiplying by 4 (4x table) e.g. 1 x 4 to 10 x 4
- Multiplying by 5 (5x table) e.g. 1 x 5 to 10 x 5
- Multiplying by 6 (6x table) e.g. 1 x 6 to 10 x 6
- Multiplying by 7 (7x table) e.g. 1 x 7 to 10 x 7
- Multiplying by 8 (8x table) e.g. 1 x 8 to 10 x 8
- Multiplying by 9 (9x table) e.g. 1 x 9 to 10 x 9
- Multiplying by 10 (10x table) e.g. 1 x 10 to 10 x 10
- Multiplying by 2 and by 4 (2x and 4x table)
- Multiplying by 3 and by 6 (3x and 6x table)
- Multiplying by 2 thru' 9: Mixed (1 of 4)
- Multiplying by 2 thru' 9: Mixed (2 of 4)
- Multiplying by 2 thru' 9: Mixed (3 of 4)
- Multiplying by 2 thru' 9: Mixed (4 of 4)
This worksheet generator provides multiplication and division questions such as 5 x __ = 45 or
___ ÷ 8 = 8. Questions can be formatted horizontally or vertically (stacked) and can be presented as just multiplication, just division, or as a combination.
The worksheets below have a combination of different multipliers:
- Products to 81 e.g. 8 x 7
- 2 x 1 digit - Products to 99 e.g. 23 x 2
- 2 x 1 digit - Products to 999 e.g. 93 x 4
- 2 x 1 digit - regrouping e.g. 73 x 7
- 2 x 1 digit e.g. 54 x 5: note: requires only 2x, 5x, or 10x multiplication facts.
- 3 x 1 digit e.g. 252 x 8: note: requires only 2x, 5x, or 10x multiplication facts.
Two more worksheet generators both based on the box or grid method of multiplication: this is the first box method multiplication worksheet generator and this is the second similar worksheet generator.
For Deriving Multiplication Facts
The worksheets below have been developed with students who struggle with memorizing multiplication facts in mind. For example, the two "Doubles" worksheets help students to use a known fact such as 2 x 6 = 12 to derive 4 x 6 = 24.
Number Strips/ Factor Pairs
The seven worksheets below show stacked number strips that correspond to the sets of factor pairs of each product. These provide a visualization of the relationship between factors.
- Factor Pairs: 4, 6, & 8
- Factor Pairs: 9, 10, & 12
- Factor Pairs: 14, 15, & 16
- Factor Pairs: 18, 20, & 21
- Factor Pairs: 22, 24, & 25
- Factor Pairs: 28 & 30
- Factor Pairs: 32 & 36
Multiplying by Multiples of 10
- Multiplying by Multiples of 10 (e.g. 50 x 7)
- Multiplication Bingo (with multiplication by multiples of 10)
Here is another multiplication worksheet generator. It allows limitless multi-digit multiplication questions to be generated and printed. Both numbers can also be set to be multiples of 10 or of 100.
- 3 x 1 digit e.g. 436 x 7
- 2 x 2 digit - no regrouping e.g. 42 x 23
- 2 x 2 digit - regrouping e.g. 57 x 34
- 3 x 2 digit e.g. 234 x 36
- 4 x 1 digit e.g. 5316 x 8
- 4 x 2 digit e.g. 5316 x 28
- 3 x 3 digit e.g. 829 x 115
Creative Multiplication Methods
The worksheet below is more a guidance document for parents than it is a worksheet. It includes notes and examples that parents can use to explore different methods of multiplying numbers with their children. This exploration will help encourage children to experiment and develop their number sense.
- Creative Multiplication (6-page with guidance notes and examples)
The documents below provide printable multiplication cards that show different representations of multiplication. e.g. conventional number sentences, grids, arrays of objects. One possible activity is to lay the cards out face up and encourage your children to pick up as many as possible that represent the same multiplication operation.
How to use the multiplication worksheets
Just click on the worksheets you want to print. They are all freely available – you just need to send them to your printer by either using the Print function in your web browser or by clicking the Print Worksheet option at the top of each sheet. There is also an option to print out the answers for each question.