The Algebra section on HelpingWithMath.com is being developed over the next few months. The worksheets below are just the beginning as far as pre-algebra and algebra worksheets are concerned.
You’ll find worked examples and other guidance here that will help work through the worksheets below.
Number Patterns and Function Tables
- Number Patterns with Function Tables – 3 Page Worksheet
- Generating Patterns & Identifying Relationships
- Generating and Comparing Sequences
- Numerical Patterns & Relationships
- Simplifying Expressions (1 of 2) e.g. 3a + 4a – 3 = 7a – 3
- Simplifying Expressions (2 of 2) e.g. 3xy + 6xy + 3yz – 2yz – xy = 8xy + yz
Use the Equations Worksheet Generator to create a limitless supply of linear equations for solving. Alternatively, select from the list of pre-made worksheets below.
Simple Linear Equations
The worksheets below provide a gradual introduction that can help students learn how to solve equations that include letters. e.g. x + 4 = 7. They allow space for students to write the algebraic steps required to get the correct answer. The bottom two on this list are aimed at students who struggle with memorizing multiplication facts.
- Writing equations (1 of 2) e.g. t + 3 = x
- Writing equations (2 of 2) e.g. m/5 – 1 = x
- Equations with addition e.g. n + 4 = 11
- Equations with subtraction e.g. x – 4 = 2
- Equations with division e.g. n/2 = 12
- Equations with multiplication e.g. 6a = 18
- Subtraction and addition equations (1 of 2) e.g. a + 3 = 7 and x – 9 = 11
- Subtraction and addition equations (2 of 2) e.g. a + 3 = 7 and x – 9 = 11
- Multiplication and division equations (1 of 2) e.g. 3n = 12 and a/7 = 3
- Multiplication and division equations (2 of 2) e.g. 3n = 12 and a/7 = 3
- Addition, subtraction, multiplication and division equations (1 of 2)
- Addition, subtraction, multiplication and division equations (2 of 2)
- Solving equations in two steps (1 of 4) e.g. 5n + 4 = 29
- Solving equations in two steps (2 of 4) e.g. a/4 + 3 = 7
- Solving equations in two steps (3 of 4) e.g. 7n – 3 = 18
- Solving equations in two steps (4 of 4) e.g. b/9 – 4 = 6
- Solving Simple Equations #1 e.g. 4n = 20 (Note: Just 2x, 5x, & 10x facts required)
- Solving Simple Equations #2 e.g. 5a + 6 = 36 (Note: Just 2x, 5x, & 10x facts required)
- Scientific Notation (2-Page Worksheet)
As with most HelpingWithMath.com worksheets, you can select the “Show Answers” option to view or print an answer sheet for each of the algebra worksheets listed above..