The various resources listed below are aligned to the same standard, (6EE01) taken from the CCSM (Common Core Standards For Mathematics) as the Expressions and equations Worksheet shown above.
Write and evaluate numerical expressions involving whole-number exponents.
Powers and exponents
Similar to the above listing, the resources below are aligned to related standards in the Common Core For Mathematics that together support the following learning outcome:
Apply and extend previous understandings of arithmetic to algebraic expressions
- Pre-Algebra: Introducing Equations (From Example/Guidance)
- Solving Simple Equations #1 e.g. 5n = 40 (Note: Just 2x, 5x, & 10x facts required) (From Worksheet)
- Solving Simple Equations #2 e.g. 6n – 7 = 53 (Note: Just 2x, 5x, & 10x facts required) (From Worksheet)
- Writing equations (1 of 2) e.g. t + 3 = x (From Worksheet)
- Writing equations (2 of 2) e.g. m/5 – 1 = x (From Worksheet)
- Simplifying Expressions (1 of 2) e.g. 3a + 4a – 3 = 7a – 3 (From Worksheet)
- Simplifying Expressions (2 of 2) e.g. 3xy + 6xy + 3yz – 2yz – xy = 8xy + yz (From Worksheet)
- Expressions with Variables: Introduction (From Worksheet)
- Factoring/ Expanding Expressions e.g. 8n + 4m > 4(2n + m) (From Worksheet)