Download Graphing Points on the Coordinate Plane Worksheets
Click the button below to get instant access to these premium worksheets for use in the classroom or at a home.
This worksheet can be edited by Premium members using the free Google Slides online software. Click the Edit button above to get started.
A coordinate plane is formed by the intersection of a vertical number line called y-axis and a horizontal number line called x-axis. These are two perpendicular lines that intersect each other at the origin, whose coordinates are (0,0).
- It is named after the French mathematician Rene Descartes.
- It is defined by two perpendicular number lines: the x-axis, which is horizontal, and the y-axis, which is vertical.
- Through these axes, we can describe or locate any point in the plane using an ordered pair of numbers.
PARTS OF COORDINATE PLANE
- X – axis is the horizontal number line of the cartesian/coordinate plane. It contains the x-values of the coordinates.
- Y – axis is the vertical number line of the cartesian/coordinate plane. It contains the y-values of the coordinates.
- Origin is the intersection of the two number lines. Its coordinates are (0, 0).
- Points are plotted on the cartesian plane. It has coordinates.
- Coordinates tell the location of a point in the plane. It is given by a pair of numbers enclosed in parentheses: (x ,y). The first number x gives the point’s horizontal position and the second number y gives its vertical position.
Graphing Points on the Coordinate Plane Worksheets
This is a fantastic bundle which includes everything you need to know about Graphing Points on the Coordinate Plane across 15+ in-depth pages. These are ready-to-use Common core aligned Grade 5 Math worksheets.
Each ready to use worksheet collection includes 10 activities and an answer guide. Not teaching common core standards? Don’t worry! All our worksheets are completely editable so can be tailored for your curriculum and target audience.
Click any of the example images below to view a larger version.