Download Calendar (Months) (School Themed) Worksheets
Click the button below to get instant access to these premium worksheets for use in the classroom or at a home.
This worksheet can be edited by Premium members using the free Google Slides online software. Click the Edit button above to get started.
What is a Calendar?
- It is a series of pages showing the days, weeks, and months of a particular year.
- This chart also shows special occasions, holidays or religious observances.
- It contains the 12 months of the current year.
WHAT IS A MONTH?
A month is a unit of time being used in calendars. It usually has 30 or 31 days except for the month of February. There are 12 months that compose 1 year.
- January has 31 days. It is named after the Roman god, Janus. He is the protector of gates and doorways.
- February comes from the Latin word, februa, which means to cleanse. It is the only month with 28 days, and 29 days during the leap year.
- March has 31 days. It is named after the Roman god of war, Mars.
- April comes from the Latin word, aperio, which means to open because plants start to grow during this time. This month has 30 days.
- May has 30 days. It is named after the Roman goddess, Maia who oversaw the growth of plants.
- June is named after the Roman goddess, Juno, patroness of marriage and well-being of women. It has 30 days.
- July is named after the Roman dictator, Julius Caesar who created the Julian calendar. This month has 31 days.
- August has 31 days. It is named to honor the first Roman emperor, Augustus Caesar.
- September comes from the Latin word, septem meaning seven because it is the 7th month in the Roman calendar. It has 30 days.
- October has 31 days. It comes from the Latin word, octo meaning eight since it is the 8th month in the Roman calendar.
- November has 30 days. It comes from the Latin word, novem meaning nine because it is the 9th month in the Roman calendar.
- December comes from the Latin word, decem meaning ten because it is the 10th month in the Roman calendar. It has 31 days.
Calendar (Months) (School Themed) Worksheets
This is a fantastic bundle which includes everything you need to know about Calendar (Months) across 21 in-depth pages. These are ready-to-use Common core aligned 1st and 2nd Grade Math worksheets.
Each ready to use worksheet collection includes 10 activities and an answer guide. Not teaching common core standards? Don’t worry! All our worksheets are completely editable so can be tailored for your curriculum and target audience.
Click any of the example images below to view a larger version.
Worksheets Activities Included
Ages 5-6 (Basic)
- First Day
- Important Dates
- My Favorite Subject
- The Present Month
Ages 6-7 (Advanced)
- Show and Tell
- Correct Order
- Lunch Time
- Join the Intramurals
- The Audition