Download Calendar (Yearly) (Basketball Themed) Worksheets
Click the button below to get instant access to these premium worksheets for use in the classroom or at a home.
This worksheet can be edited by Premium members using the free Google Slides online software. Click the Edit button above to get started.
Download free sample
Not ready to purchase a subscription yet? Click here to download a FREE sample of this worksheet pack.
What is a Calendar?
- It is a series of pages showing the days, weeks, and months of a particular year.
- This chart also shows special occasions, holidays or religious observances.
- It contains the 12 months of the current year.
What is a Year?
- A year is a unit of time that contains 365 days.
- Each year has 12 months, containing 30 or 31 days each, except for February which has 28 days.
- In Science, a year shows the orbital period of the Earth around the Sun.
- NEW YEAR’S DAY (JANUARY 1) – This is held every 1st day of January to celebrate the 1st day of the year.
- FEAST OF THE EPIPHANY – The date for this Feast varies. This is also called as the Three Kings’ Day. This marks the end of the Christmas season.
- CHINESE NEW YEAR – The date of the Chinese New Year changes every year. Every year is being represented by different animals.
- VALENTINE’S DAY (FEBRUARY 14) – This is the celebration of love and lovers held every 14th of February. It is the time to exchange small gifts, letters, flowers or chocolates.
- INTERNATIONAL WOMEN’S DAY (MARCH 8) – This holiday is focused on women workers and the rights of each women. This was started by women’s socialist groups in the late 1800’s and early 1900’s.
- APRIL FOOL’S DAY (APRIL 1) – This is being held every 1st of April which gives everyone an opportunity to play unharmful tricks and jokes with one another.
- EASTER SUNDAY – The date of the Easter Sunday changes every year but would always fall on a Sunday. It is very important for Christians because the resurrection of the Lord is being celebrated on this day. Easter is celebrated across the world with Easter bunnies, eggs, and chocolates.
- MOTHER’S DAY – The date of Mother’s Day changes every year but would always fall on the second Sunday of May. This is celebrated in honor of all the mothers in the world.
- FATHER’S DAY – The date of Father’s Day differs every year but would always fall on the third Sunday of June. The celebration of this holiday is done to give honor to all the fathers.
- HALLOWEEN (OCTOBER 31) – This is celebrated every 31st of October as eve of the All Saints’ Day. This is day when everyone dresses up in scary costumes.
- THANKSGIVING DAY – This is the day when people give thanks for what they have. Families and friends gather together to celebrate.
- BLACK FRIDAY – This is the day that comes after Thanksgiving Day. It is a popular day when people go out to buy their Christmas presents.
- CHRISTMAS DAY (DECEMBER 25) – This is the biggest holiday of the year that is being celebrated in every 25th of December. On this day, Christians celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ. This is also time for gift giving.
- NEW YEAR’S EVE (DECEMBER 31) – This day is meant to celebrate the last day of the year before the new year comes.
Calendar (Yearly) (Basketball Themed) Worksheets
This is a fantastic bundle which includes everything you need to know about Calendar (Yearly) across 21 in-depth pages. These are ready-to-use Common core aligned 2nd and 3rd Grade Math worksheets.
Each ready to use worksheet collection includes 10 activities and an answer guide. Not teaching common core standards? Don’t worry! All our worksheets are completely editable so can be tailored for your curriculum and target audience.
Click any of the example images below to view a larger version.
Worksheets Activities Included
Ages 6-7 (Basic)
- MVP Trophy
- Team Color
- Review for the Exam
- Tips & Tricks
- Basketball Matches
Ages 7-8 (Advanced)
- Percy’s Career
- Basketball Fan
- My Busy Schedule
- Start of Your Career
- Favorite Sport