Download the Understanding Statistical Questions Worksheets
Looking for the best way to teach students about statistical questions?
This premium worksheet bundle contains 10 activities to challenge your students and help them understand statistical questions.
Statistics is a form of mathematical analysis that utilizes quantified models, representations and synopses for a given set of experimental data or real-life studies. It studies methodologies to gather, review, analyze and draw conclusions from data.
Statistics, a branch of mathematics that involves....
- COLLECTING - The process of obtaining data from a given set of sample/population.
- ORGANIZING - The process of arranging data through charts, tables, etc.
- SUMMARIZING - It means contextualizing the data into meaningful information for public.
- ANALYZING - This refers to examining the relationship, patterns, trends, etc of the given data.
- DECISION-MAKING - It means being able to draw conclusions, generalizations, prediction, etc.
The Two Areas of Statistics
Descriptive Statistics - It deals with methods for collecting, organizing, and describing data by using tables, graphs, and summary measures.
Inferential Statistics - It deals with methods that use sample results, to help in estimation or make decisions about the population.
To understand more about statistics, you need to familiarize yourself with the following basic statistical terms:
- Population - is the set of all elements (observations), items, or objects that share common characteristic/s and at least one that will be studied their properties for a particular goal.
- Sample - is a subset of the population selected for study.
- Element - (or member of a sample or population) is a specific subject or object about which the information is collected.
- Variable - is a characteristic under study that takes different values for different elements.
- Observation - is the value of a variable for an element. It is also known as measurement.
- Quantitative variables - these give us numbers representing counts or measurements.
- Qualitative variables - (or categorical data) gives us names or labels that are not numbers representing the observations
Understanding Statistical Questions Worksheets
This is a fantastic bundle which includes everything you need to know about Statistical Questions across 17 in-depth pages. These are ready-to-use Common core aligned Grade 6 Math worksheets.
Each ready to use worksheet collection includes 10 activities and an answer guide. Not teaching common core standards? Don’t worry! All our worksheets are completely editable so can be tailored for your curriculum and target audience.
Worksheet Activities Included:
- Dashboard Facts
- Statistical Poll
- Rating Mode
- Magnifying Glass Survey
- Collecting Facts
- Emojis Approval
- Checked Survey
- Number-Category Clipboard
- To Count or To Measure
- When Conducting Surveys