Download Statistical Questions (Research Themed) Worksheets
Click the button below to get instant access to these premium worksheets for use in the classroom or at a home.
This worksheet can be edited by Premium members using the free Google Slides online software. Click the Edit button above to get started.
- Statistics is a form of mathematical analysis that utilizes quantified models, representations and synopses for a given set of experimental data or real-life studies.
- It studies methodologies to gather, review, analyze and draw conclusions from data.
The Two Areas of Statistics
|Descriptive Statistics||Inferential Statistics|
|It deals with methods for collecting, organizing, and describing data by using tables, graphs, and summary measures.||It deals with methods that use sample results, to help in estimation or make decisions about the population.|
STATISTICS – A branch of mathematics that involves….
COLLECTING – The process of obtaining data from a given set of sample/population.
ORGANIZING – The process of arranging data through charts, tables, etc.
SUMMARIZING – It means contextualizing the data into meaningful information for public.
ANALYZING – This refers to examining the relationship, patterns, trends, etc of the given data.
DECISION-MAKING – It means being able to draw conclusions, generalizations, prediction, etc.
Statistics is used to explore phenomenon, existing event, or even future events. All questions have answers but not all of them can be called as statistical question.
A question is considered statistical if that requires various answers. The answer can be in a form of percentage, range, interval or average. On the other hand, it is non-statistical if it seeks for exact answer.
|Examples of Statistical Questions||Examples of Non- Statistical Questions|
|What do 7th graders prefer for afternoon snacks?What is the usual number of dogs your neighbors have?||How old is your dog?What is the name of your classmate on the fifth row?|
To understand more about statistics, you need to familiarize yourself with the following basic statistical terms:
- Population – is the set of all elements (observations), items, or objects that share common characteristic/s and at least one that will be studied their properties for a particular goal.
- Sample – is a subset of the population selected for study.
- Element – (or member of a sample or population) is a specific subject or object about which the information is collected.
- Variable – is a characteristic under study that takes different values for different elements.
Statistical Questions (Research Themed) Worksheets
This is a fantastic bundle which includes everything you need to know about Statistical Questions across 21 in-depth pages.
Each ready to use worksheet collection includes 10 activities and an answer guide. Not teaching common core standards? Don’t worry! All our worksheets are completely editable so can be tailored for your curriculum and target audience.
Click any of the example images below to view a larger version.
Worksheets Activities Included
Ages 10-11 (Basic)
- Pre-Research Task
- Identifying the Area
- Research Buddies
Ages 11-12 (Advanced)
- Identifying Variables
- Creating Survey Forms
- Research Outline
- Research Reflection