Download Classifying Shapes by Lines and Angles Worksheets
Looking for the best way to teach students about Classifying Shapes by Lines and Angles?
This premium worksheet bundle contains 10 activities to challenge your students and help them understand Classifying Shapes by Lines and Angles.
Not ready to purchase a subscription yet? Click here to download a sample of this worksheet pack.
Shapes have unique attributes that make them distinct. We can classify shapes according to the presence of lines and angles.
A line is a one-dimensional figure, which has length but no width. It is composed of two or more points. In geometry, line can be classified into sub-groups. One of which is that lines can be parallel or perpendicular.
- PARALLEL LINES – Lines are said to be parallel if they are always the same distance apart (called “equidistant”), and will never meet or intersect.
- PERPENDICULAR LINES – Lines are perpendicular to each other if their intersection produces a 90-degree angle.
An angle is a figure which is formed by two rays or lines that shares a common endpoint.
- Acute Angles: angles that are smaller than 90°
- Right Angles: angles that measure exactly 90°
- Obtuse Angles: angles that measure more than 90°
Understanding Classifying Shapes by Lines and Angles Worksheets
This is a fantastic bundle which includes everything you need to know about Classifying Shapes by Lines and Angles across 15+ in-depth pages. These are ready-to-use Common core aligned Grade 4 Math worksheets.
Each ready to use worksheet collection includes 10 activities and an answer guide. Not teaching common core standards? Don’t worry! All our worksheets are completely editable so can be tailored for your curriculum and target audience.
Click any of the example images below to view a larger version.