The Percentages Lesson explained above is aligned with the standard 7RP03 from the Common Core Standards For Mathematics (see the shortened extract below). The resources below are also aligned to this standard.
Use proportional relationships to solve multistep ratio and percent problems. Examples: simple interest, tax, markups and markdowns, gratuities and commissions, fees, percent increase and decrease, percent error.
- Printable percentage worksheets
- Calculating Percentages in Two Steps e.g. Finding 10% of a value and then multiplying to find 40%
- Calculating Percentages in Steps e.g. Finding 10%, then 5% and adding to find 15%
- Changing Recipe Quantities (e.g. serves 4 so change quantities to serve 6 etc.)
Similar to the above listing, the resources below are aligned to related standards in the Common Core For Mathematics that together support the following learning outcome:
Analyze proportional relationships and use them to solve real-world and mathematical problems
- Proportional Ratios (From Worksheet)