Download Number Naming (Sea Animals Themed) Worksheets
Looking for the best way to teach students about Number Naming?
This premium worksheet bundle contains 10 activities to challenge your students and help them understand Number Naming.
Not ready to purchase a subscription yet? Click here to download a sample of this worksheet pack.
Number naming is what we do when we say the numbers name. For example, the number “1” is called “one”.
- In some instances, depending on their placement, some numbers change, like “20”. Instead of saying “Two Zero” we say “Twenty”
- If the unit is above hundreds, we just add a suffix on the number. “300” for example becomes “Three Hundred”
- Some numbers have special case when it comes to naming. From 11 to 19, the concept of adding the names together doesn’t apply. 11 is Eleven and 12 is Twelve, and from 13 to 19, the base of the word is added to the word “TEEN”.
- When combining numbers, you just need to put them together based on their units.
- From left to right, or from the biggest to smallest unit you name the number.
- In this example, in the TENS unit is a “2” so it is twenty, and in the ONES unit is a “4” so it is a four. Simply combine the two and you’ll get the name “Twenty-Four”
Number Naming (Sea Animals Themed) Worksheets
This is a fantastic bundle which includes everything you need to know about Number Naming across 21 in-depth pages. These are ready-to-use Common core aligned Kindergarten to 1st Grade Math worksheets.
Each ready to use worksheet collection includes 10 activities and an answer guide. Not teaching common core standards? Don’t worry! All our worksheets are completely editable so can be tailored for your curriculum and target audience.
Click any of the example images below to view a larger version.
Worksheets Activities Included
Ages 4-5 (Basic)
- Recycle For The Better
- Under The Sea
- Home of the Fishes
- School of Fish
- The Star of the Sea
Ages 5-6 (Advanced)
- Pearls Pearls Pearls
- The Dolphins
- Be Careful
- The Tasty part of the Sea
- Mermy the Mermaid