The various resources listed below are aligned to the same standard, (4NF03) taken from the CCSM (Common Core Standards For Mathematics) as the Fractions Worksheet shown above.
Understand a fraction a/b with a > 1 as a sum of fractions 1/b.
- Understand addition and subtraction of fractions as joining and separating parts referring to the same whole.
- Decompose a fraction into a sum of fractions with the same denominator in more than one way, recording each decomposition by an equation. Justify decompositions, e.g., by using a visual fraction model. Examples: 3/8 = 1/8 + 1/8 + 1/8 ; 3/8 = 1/8 + 2/8 ; 2 1/8 = 1 + 1 + 1/8 = 8/8 + 8/8 + 1/8.
- Add and subtract mixed numbers with like denominators, e.g., by replacing each mixed number with an equivalent fraction, and/or by using properties of operations and the relationship between addition and subtraction.
- Solve word problems involving addition and subtraction of fractions referring to the same whole and having like denominators, e.g., by using visual fraction models and equations to represent the problem.
- Blank – Marked at the Thirds (with option of 1 to 8 lines/ page)
- Blank – Marked at the Fourths (with option of 1 to 8 lines/ page)
- Blank – Marked at the Sixths (with option of 1 to 8 lines/ page)
- Blank – Marked at the Sevenths (with option of 1 to 8 lines/ page)
- Blank – Marked at the Eighths (with option of 1 to 8 lines/ page)
- Blank – Marked at the Ninths (with option of 1 to 8 lines/ page)
- Mixed Numbers to Fractions e.g. 3 3/4 > 15/4
- Adding Fractions (same denominator) e.g. 4/7 + 2/7
- Adding Mixed Numbers (same denominator) e.g. 4 2/9 + 6 5/9
- Subtracting Fractions (same denominator e.g. 4/7 – 2/7
- Subtracting Mixed Numbers (same denominator) e.g. 4 5/9 – 6 2/9
- Fraction Worksheet Generator inc. adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing
- Improper Fractions to Mixed Numbers Generator (and vice-versa)
- Fractions Greater Than One (2-page worksheet)
Similar to the above listing, the resources below are aligned to related standards in the Common Core For Mathematics that together support the following learning outcome:
Build fractions from unit fractions by applying and extending previous understandings of operations on whole numbers