Grades K-8 Worksheets
Looking for high-quality Math worksheets aligned to Common Core standards for Grades K-8?
Our premium worksheet bundles contain 10 activities and answer key to challenge your students and help them understand each and every topic within their grade level.
------ Note: The Information above this point will not be sent to your printer --------
|Answer the word problems below. Highlight the important words and numbers. Remember to write you answer in a full sentence.|
|1. Jackson goes to the movies with a friend. His ticket costs $8.25. He buys some popcorn ($2.75) and a soda ($2.50). If he started the day with $15, how much money does he have left over?
First add the three amounts: $8.25 + $2.75 + $2.50 = $13.50
Jackson has $1.50 left over.
|2. Venus and Molly are selling candies to raise money for charity. They buy 80 bags of candy for $0.50 each. They sell all of them for $1.25 each. How much profit did they make? Hint: The profit is the difference between what the candies cost them and what they sold them for.
Multiply to find out our much they paid: $0.50 x 80 = $40.00.
They made $60.00 profit.
|3. Terry earned $15.56 from washing cars, $20.99 from helping her sister with her homework, and $23.75 from cleaning the house. She then bought a new dress for $35. How much money does Terry have left from what she earned after buying the dress?
Add the three amounts to find out how much Terry earned: $15.56 + $20.99 + $23.75 = $60.30.
Terry has $25.30 left after buying the dress.
|4. Chris buys 12 candy bars at $0.50 each. If he sells them all in equal amounts for the same price to three friends, how much money will each friend give Chris?
Multiply $0.50 by 12 ($0.50 x 12 = $6.00)
Each friend will give Chris $2.00.
------ Note: The Information below this point will not be sent to your printer --------
The various resources listed below are aligned to the same standard, (4MD02) taken from the CCSM (Common Core Standards For Mathematics) as the Word problems Worksheet shown above.
Use the four operations to solve word problems involving distances, intervals of time, liquid volumes, masses of objects, and money, including problems involving simple fractions or decimals, and problems that require expressing measurements given in a larger unit in terms of a smaller unit. Represent measurement quantities using diagrams such as number line diagrams that feature a measurement scale.
Converting Metric Units
- Distance Word Problems Worksheet - Converting between mm, cm, m, & km
- Metric Mass Word Problems Worksheet - Converting between mg, g, & kg
- Converting Metric Units of Measurement - Post-assessment (10 questions)
- Word Problems: Decimals Worksheet - with addition, subtraction, multiplication, & division
- Word Problems: Money With Fractions
- Word Problems: Money - Post-assessment (8 questions)
- Time Word Problems Worksheet - Elapsed time and converting between minutes and hours
Similar to the above listing, the resources below are aligned to related standards in the Common Core For Mathematics that together support the following learning outcome:
Solve problems involving measurement and conversion of measurements from a larger unit to a smaller unit
- Calculating Areas - Rectangles (From Worksheet)
- Calculating Areas - Rectangular Shapes (From Worksheet)
- Calculating Surface Areas e.g. of Rectangular Prisms (From Worksheet)
- Differences in Time (1 of 4): On the quarters (e.g. 2:00 p.m. and 2:45 p.m.) (From Worksheet)
- Differences in Time (2 of 4): 5 minute intervals (e.g. 5:05 p.m. and 5:20 p.m.) (From Worksheet)
- Differences in Time (3 of 4): On the quarters (e.g. 7:15 a.m. and 9:45 p.m.) (From Worksheet)
- Differences in Time (4 of 4):5 minute intervals (e.g. 8:55 a.m. and 12:35 p.m.) (From Worksheet)