Free printable math flash cards
Flash Cards can help your child to memorize basic addition, subtraction, multiplication and division facts. Each of the documents below has up to eight pages with each page containing four questions.
Do you want to save dozens of hours in time? Get your evenings and weekends back? Be fully prepared to teach any math topic to your students?
Join today and get premium math worksheets to cover any topic you need to teach.
The flash cards are listed below alongside an example of the type of question they contain. These cards can be used whenever there is a spare minute or two to practice basic facts.
Before working with the flash cards and with other memorization methods, be sure that your child has an understanding of the arithmetic concepts. Working with real objects such as counters (buttons or anything that can easily be manipulated will do) will help develop such an understanding.
The following cards and similar resources can help with memorizing math facts.
The five documents below contain number cards from 1 to 100. There are four numbers on each page and they can be cut to make individual number cards. Each card includes an illustration of the quantity that the number represents.
- Numbers from 1 to 20: with symbols ( on five pages)
- Numbers from 1 to 20: no symbols ( on five pages)
- Numbers from 21 to 40 ( on five pages)
- Numbers from 41 to 60 ( on five pages)
- Numbers from 61 to 80 ( on five pages)
- Numbers from 81 to 100 ( on five pages)
The 7-page document below has number cards that can be used to show numbers to 999 in their expanded form.
- Place Value Numbers Cards ( 0 to 9, 10 to 90, & 100 to 900)
Addition Flash Cards Sets
- Sums to 9 e.g. 6 + 3
- Sums to 12 e.g. 8 + 4
- Sums to 18 e.g. 9 + 9
- 2-digit + 1-digit – no regrouping e.g. 34 + 5
- 2-digit + 2 -digit – no regrouping e.g. 42 + 36
- 1 + 1 > 12 + 12 (Drop-down selector for base number giving 144 cards)
Subtraction Flash Cards Sets
- Numbers to 9 e.g. 6 – 3
- Numbers to 12 e.g.12 – 4
- Numbers to 18 e.g. 17 – 9
- 2-digit – 1-digit – no regrouping e.g. 38 – 5
- 2-digit – 2 -digit – no regrouping e.g. 48 – 36
- Taking away from 1 thru’ 5
- Taking away from 6 thru’ 7
- Taking away from 8 thru’ 9
Multiplication Flash Cards Sets
- Products to 45 e.g. 6 x 4
- Products to 81 e.g. 8 x 7
- Products to 144 e.g. 12 x 11
- 2-digit x 1-digit e.g. 15 x 5, 20 x 8
- 1 times to 12 times tables e.g. 1 x 1 to 12 x 12 (3-pages with drop-down options)
Division Flash Cards Sets
- Dividing by 2, 3, 4, …, 11, & 12 – options for up to 144 cards
- Dividends to 45 e.g. 45 ÷ 5
- Dividends to 81 e.g. 81 ÷ 9
Using the flash cards to practice math
- Each document (or set) contains multiple pages. Select the Print Flash Cards option and print all (or the number you wish) pages.
- Cut pages into halves as shown on the cards. (you can do more than one page at a time)
- Fold each card along the fold line
- Arrange and stack the math flash cards and work through the stack with your child at whatever speed suits. Note the questions and answers on the flip-side of each card that are shown to help you check your child’s responses.
This 7-page document has fact triangles for multiplication and division covering the 2x to 10x tables. The 7 pages provide small, medium, and large-sized versions of the triangles, all of which are formatted to make cutting them out as easy as possible.
Open and print the original fact triangles sheet we published prior to updating it with the 7-page version above.
The 10-page document below contain printable fraction cards with halves, thirds, fourths, fifths, sixths, eighths, and tenths. Each one shows a fraction both with numbers and graphically. The numbers and the shading on the fraction bar can be toggled on and off so that the cards can be used for exercises.
Idea: Switch the numbers and/ or the shading off and get your child to help make the fraction cards.
- Fractions Cards (10 pages)
Online Flash Cards
The links below will open flash cards that don’t need to be printed and that your child can click on to show addition, subtraction, multiplication and division questions. The questions are random and never ending so they will allow for lots of practice with basic arithmetic facts.
Online Flash Cards For Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, & Division
- Addition – Sums to 9
- Addition – Sums to 19
- Addition – Sums to 49
- Addition – Sums to 99
- Subtraction – Numbers to 9
- Subtraction – Numbers to 19
- Subtraction – Numbers to 49
- Subtraction – Numbers to 99
- Multiplication – Multipliers to 5
- Multiplication – Multipliers to 9
- Multiplication – Multipliers to 12
- Division – Divisors to 5
- Division – Divisors to 9
- Division – Divisors to 12
Online Flash Cards For Multiplication Tables
- Two times table e.g. up to 10 x 2
- Three times table e.g. up to 10 x 3
- Four times table e.g. up to 10 x 4
- Five times table e.g. up to 10 x 5
- Six times table e.g. up to 10 x 6
- Seven times table e.g. up to 10 x 7
- Eight times table e.g. up to 10 x 8
- Nine times table e.g. up to 10 x 9
- Ten times table e.g. up to 10 x 10
- Eleven times table e.g. up to 12 x 11
- Twelve times table e.g. up to 12 x 12
Note for Teachers: Visit the HelpingWithMath.com Download Place if you’d like to put these flashcards or other resources on your own site.