The exponent, or antilog for short, is the inverse operation of taking the logarithm of a number. It can be calculated using the exponential function.
What is antilogarithm and how to calculate it?
As we said, the logarithm is the inverse function to exponentiation, so… Yes, you’re right! The antilogarithm is simply the exponentiation! To calculate an antilog of any number y, you need to raise the logarithm base b (usually 10, sometimes e) to the power of y:
An example of inverse log calculation
Antilogarithm is the inverse operation of logarithm. It is the number whose logarithm is given. In other words, if log(x) = y, then the antilogarithm of y is x.
To calculate the antilogarithm using an exponent calculator, you can use the following steps:
- Enter the logarithm base in the input box provided on the calculator. The base should be the same as the base of the logarithm whose antilogarithm you want to find.
- Enter the value of the logarithm in the input box next to the base.
- Click on the “Antilog” or “10^x” button on the calculator. The calculator will then display the antilogarithm of the given logarithm.
For example, let’s say you want to find the antilogarithm of log base 10 of 3, using an exponent calculator. Here are the steps to do so:
- Open an exponent calculator that has an antilogarithm function.
- Enter the base of the logarithm, which is 10, in the input box provided on the calculator.
- Enter the value of the logarithm, which is 3, in the input box next to the base.
- Click on the “Antilog” or “10^x” button on the calculator.
- The calculator will display the antilogarithm of the given logarithm, which is 1000.
Therefore, the antilogarithm of log base 10 of 3 is 1000.
Exponent Calculator guide steps
Here are the steps to use an exponent calculator:
- Open a web browser and search for an exponent calculator. There are several free online calculators available that you can use.
- Locate the input box for the base number on the calculator.
- Enter the base number in the input box.
- Locate the input box for the exponent or power on the calculator.
- Enter the exponent or power in the input box.
- Click on the “Calculate” or “=” button on the calculator. The calculator will then display the value of the base number raised to the given exponent.
- If you want to calculate another exponent, you can clear the input boxes and repeat the process.
It’s important to note that some exponent calculators may have additional features, such as the ability to calculate roots, logarithms, and antilogarithms. If you need to use any of these functions, make sure to locate the appropriate input boxes or buttons on the calculator and follow the steps provided in their respective guides.