The Time Activity above is aligned (or partially aligned) with standard 3MD01 from the Common Core Standards For Mathematics (see the truncated extract below) as are the resources listed below.
Tell and write time to the nearest minute and measure time intervals in minutes. Solve word problems involving addition and subtraction of time intervals in minutes, e.g., by representing the problem on a number line diagram.
- Elapsed Time Number Lines (6 Pages – Various Formats)
- Elapsed Time #1 e.g. 2:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Elapsed Time #2 e.g. 1:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Elapsed Time #3 e.g. 10:15 a.m. – 11:45 a.m.
- Elapsed Time #4 e.g. 4:05 p.m. – 7:50 p.m.
- Telling Time To The Nearest Five Minutes
- Telling Time to the Nearest Minute
- Showing Time To The Minute
Similar to the above listing, the resources below are aligned to related standards in the Common Core For Mathematics that together support the following learning outcome:
Solve problems involving measurement and estimation of intervals of time, liquid volumes, and masses of objects
- Weight and Volume (3rd Grade) (From Example/Guidance)
- Measuring Volume (3rd Grade) (From Example/Guidance)
- Measuring Weight (3rd Grade) (From Example/Guidance)
- Which Unit? Milliliters or Liters? (From Worksheet)
- Volume and Capacity (Largest/ Smallest) (From Worksheet)
- Measuring Volume (Milliliters) (From Worksheet)
- Volume Word Problems (From Worksheet)
- Which Unit of Measurement – Kilogram or Gram (From Worksheet)
- Heaviest and Lightest (From Worksheet)
- Estimating Weights (From Worksheet)
- Estimating Weights (1 of 2) (From Worksheet)
- Estimating Weights (2 of 2) (From Worksheet)
- Measuring Weight on a Balance Scale (From Worksheet)
- Weight Word Problems (From Worksheet)