—— Note: The Information above this point will not be sent to your printer ——–
|Answer the word problems below. Highlight the important words and numbers. Remember to write you answer in a full sentence.|
|1. Brandon has $109.87 in his savings account. Dana has $187.09 in her savings account. How much more money does Dana have than Brandon?
Subtract $109.87 from $187.09. Stack the numbers and keep the decimal points lined up.
Dana has $77.22 more than Brandon
|2. Sarah just had a birthday and received a lot of money. She received $50.25 from her grandparents in Chicago, $75.77 from her grandparents in London, and $100 from her parents. How much money did Sarah receive in all?
Add the three amounts. $50.25 + $75.77 + $100. Line up the decimal points.
Sarah received $226.02 in all.
|3. Don sells some video games to 4 friends. He is paid $100.40. If each friend spent the same amount of money, how money did each friend pay to Don?
Divide $100.40 by 4. Divide $100 first (100 ÷ 4 = 25) then divide 0.40 (0.40 ÷ 4 = 0.10). Add the 25 and 0.10 to get $25.10.
|4. Kelly wants to buy 8 bags of popcorn to give to her friends at the weekly movie night. Each bag costs $0.75. How much total money will Kelly spend?
Multiply $0.75 by 8 (0.75 x 8 = 6)
—— Note: The Information below this point will not be sent to your printer ——–
The various resources listed below are aligned to the same standard, (4MD02) taken from the CCSM (Common Core Standards For Mathematics) as the Word problems Worksheet shown above.
Use the four operations to solve word problems involving distances, intervals of time, liquid volumes, masses of objects, and money, including problems involving simple fractions or decimals, and problems that require expressing measurements given in a larger unit in terms of a smaller unit. Represent measurement quantities using diagrams such as number line diagrams that feature a measurement scale.
Converting Metric Units
- Distance Word Problems Worksheet – Converting between mm, cm, m, & km
- Metric Mass Word Problems Worksheet – Converting between mg, g, & kg
- Converting Metric Units of Measurement – Post-assessment (10 questions)
- Word Problems: Multi-step
- Word Problems: Money With Fractions
- Word Problems: Money – Post-assessment (8 questions)
- Time Word Problems Worksheet – Elapsed time and converting between minutes and hours
Similar to the above listing, the resources below are aligned to related standards in the Common Core For Mathematics that together support the following learning outcome:
Solve problems involving measurement and conversion of measurements from a larger unit to a smaller unit
- Calculating Areas – Rectangles (From Worksheet)
- Calculating Areas – Rectangular Shapes (From Worksheet)
- Calculating Surface Areas e.g. of Rectangular Prisms (From Worksheet)
- Differences in Time (1 of 4): On the quarters (e.g. 2:00 p.m. and 2:45 p.m.) (From Worksheet)
- Differences in Time (2 of 4): 5 minute intervals (e.g. 5:05 p.m. and 5:20 p.m.) (From Worksheet)
- Differences in Time (3 of 4): On the quarters (e.g. 7:15 a.m. and 9:45 p.m.) (From Worksheet)
- Differences in Time (4 of 4):5 minute intervals (e.g. 8:55 a.m. and 12:35 p.m.) (From Worksheet)