Download Understanding the Metric System Unit of Measurement for Length Worksheets
Click the button below to get instant access to these premium worksheets for use in the classroom or at a home.
This worksheet can be edited by Premium members using the free Google Slides online software. Click the Edit button above to get started.
Did you know that the objects around you have measurements? As such, the unit of measurement for length is known as the metric system. It is the international decimal system of measures that is based on the meter for length.
METRIC SYSTEM – It is a system of measurement that uses meter etc. as base unit for length.
METRIC SYSTEM FOR LENGTH
It can be used to measure how long things or objects are; how tall; or how far apart they are.
Length: Millimeter ( mm), Decimeter (dm), Centimeter (cm), and Meter (m) are used to measure how long, wide, or tall objects are.
- METER – The fundamental unit of length (1 meter = 100 centimeters)
- DECIMETER – The metric unit used to measure length or distance (1 decimeter = 10 centimeters)
- CENTIMETER – The metric unit commonly used to express length of small objects or a person’s height
- MILLIMETER – The small metric unit for measuring length: used for measuring small objects (10 millimeters in 1 centimeter)
INSTRUMENTS USED TO MEASURE LENGTH
- RULER – Used to measure small things. Shows inches, millimeter, and centimeter.
- METER STICK – Used to measure objects that are larger than a piece of paper. Measures one meter and shows only millimeters and centimeters.
Understanding the Metric System Unit of Measurement for Length Worksheets
This is a fantastic bundle which includes everything you need to know about Understanding the Metric System Unit of Measurement for Length across 15+ in-depth pages. These are ready-to-use Common core aligned Grade 2 Math worksheets.
Each ready to use worksheet collection includes 10 activities and an answer guide. Not teaching common core standards? Don’t worry! All our worksheets are completely editable so can be tailored for your curriculum and target audience.
Click any of the example images below to view a larger version.