Download Understanding Circumference and Area of a Circle Worksheets
Looking for the best way to teach students about circumference and area of a circle?
This premium worksheet bundle contains 10 activities to challenge your students and help them understand circumference and area of a circle.
Circle is a shape that we usually see in our everyday lives. From the food that we eat to the things we use daily, we see the shape circle. In this worksheet, you will learn more about the circumference and area of this shape.
- Circle is a shape that has no sides or edges. It consists of all points lie at an equal distance from the center of the circle.
- The distance from the center of the circle to any point on the plane is what we call radius.
- The diameter of the circle is the distance from one point passing through the center to another point on the plane
Circumference of A Circle
Formula: C = 2πr
Where r is the radius of the circle
- Circumference of a circle is considered as the perimeter of a circle.
- It is a distance around a circle or what we call the arc length.
- Imagine a straight line bended to connect its two ends. The length of this line is the circumference of the circle formed as shown below
Compute the Circumference of the circle with the following radius.
a) r = 3m
C = 2πr
C = 2π(3m)
C = 6π
C = 18.85 m
b) r = 5m
C = 2πr
C = 2π(5m)
C = 10π
C = 31.42 m
c) r = 0.5mm
C = 2πr
C = 2π(0.5mm)
C = π
C = 3.14 m
Understanding Circumference and Area of a Circle Worksheets
This is a fantastic bundle which includes everything you need to know about Understanding Circumference and Area of a Circle across 21 in-depth pages. These are ready-to-use Common core aligned Grade 7 Math worksheets.
Each ready to use worksheet collection includes 10 activities and an answer guide. Not teaching common core standards? Don’t worry! All our worksheets are completely editable so can be tailored for your curriculum and target audience.
Click any of the example images below to view a larger version.
Worksheets Activities Included
- Pizza Or Burger
- Watermelon Shake-off
- Bake A Cake
- Mixed Matched Fresh Fruits
- Doughnut Frenzy
- Han’s Sweets
- Slice Raphael’s Pizza
- Let’s Buy Coconut Juice
- Menu For The Day
- The Best Burger In Town