Download Subtracting Numbers Within 1000 Using the Base 10 Blocks Worksheets
Click the button below to get instant access to these premium worksheets for use in the classroom or at a home.
This worksheet can be edited by Premium members using the free Google Slides online software. Click the Edit button above to get started.
The use of base ten blocks was found helpful in understanding the simple arithmetics like addition and subtraction.
- Subtracting means to remove or take away a number from another number which, in basic subtraction, is bigger than the number to be removed.
- Using base ten blocks is easier than just dealing with numbers because there will be some sort of visuals when subtracting numbers.
First, let us recall the concept of subtraction, as well as the process of transforming numbers to base ten blocks.
- Subtraction is an arithmetic operation that deals with removing a part of a given number from a bigger number.
- It is composed of:
- subtrahend – the number to be subtracted
- minuend – the number where the subtrahend will be taken from
- difference – the result
- Some keywords that indicate subtraction includes minus, diminished, taken or removed from, decreased by, etc.
- Meanwhile, in transforming numbers to base ten blocks, we must keep in mind that:
- individual blocks – represent the digit in ones place value.
- rods – represents the digit in tens place value.
- blocks represent the digits in hundreds place value.
Subtracting Numbers Within 1000 Using the Base 10 Blocks Worksheets
This is a fantastic bundle which includes everything you need to know about Subtracting Numbers Within 1000 Using the Base 10 Blocks across 21 in-depth pages. These are ready-to-use Common core aligned 3rd Grade Math worksheets.
Each ready to use worksheet collection includes 10 activities and an answer guide. Not teaching common core standards? Don’t worry! All our worksheets are completely editable so can be tailored for your curriculum and target audience.
Click any of the example images below to view a larger version.
Worksheets Activities Included
- P.E. Class
- Word Count
- Count the Blocks
- Be Wise with the Supplies
- Don’t Miss the Trip!
- The Passing Mark
- One Bill, One Supply
- Get It All Right
- School Bus
- Enrollment Slots