Download One-Variable Equations (Employment Themed) Worksheets
Looking for the best way to teach students about One-Variable Equations?
This premium worksheet bundle contains 10 activities to challenge your students and help them understand One-Variable Equations.
Not ready to purchase a subscription yet? Click here to download a sample of this worksheet pack.
- In algebra, an equation can be defined as a mathematical sentence composed of an equal symbol between two algebraic expressions that have the same value.
- One-variable equation is a mathematical statement that is consist of a variable and whose left-hand side is exactly the same as what’s on the right-hand side.
|It is made up of two expressions connected by an equal sign. Equation represents balance.|
|With equal sign|
|3x = 2x + x|
|It is made up of two expressions connected by an equal sign. Equation represents balance.||It may be a number, a variable, or a combination of numbers and variables and operation symbols.|
|With equal sign||Without equal sign|
|3x = 2x + x||3x, 2x, x|
|Examples of One-Variable Equation||Non-examples of One-Variable Equations|
|2x = 4 -m = 2½ r -13 = 55(w – 7) = 26||2x – 3r11c – 525m – 4n + 7100|
Here are the commonly used properties of equality when solving one-variable equations. If a, b, and c are real numbers, then…
|Reflexive Property||Symmetric Property||Transitive Property|
|a = a||If a = b , then b=a||If a = b and b = c, then a = c|
|Distributive Property||Addition Property of Equality (APE)||Multiplication Property of Equality (MPE)|
|a(b+c) = ab + ac||If a = b, then a + c = b + c||If a = b, then a x c = b x c|
Please take note of following steps in solving one-variable equations.
- Simplify both sides of the equation.
- Use the addition property of equality to put the terms with variable on one side of the equation and the constant terms on the other.
- Use the multiplication property of equality to make the coefficient of the variable term equal to 1.
- Check your answer by substituting your solution into the original equation.
One-Variable Equations (Employment Themed) Worksheets
This is a fantastic bundle which includes everything you need to know about One-Variable Equations across 21 in-depth pages.
Each ready to use worksheet collection includes 10 activities and an answer guide. Not teaching common core standards? Don’t worry! All our worksheets are completely editable so can be tailored for your curriculum and target audience.
Click any of the example images below to view a larger version.
Worksheets Activities Included
Ages 10-11 (Basic)
- The Curriculum Vitae Problem
- Job Interview Day
- On-the-Job Training
- Day 1 of Work
- My Day: Works and Math
Ages 11-12 (Advanced)
- My First Salary
- My Productivity Rate
- Did My Co-Worker Do it Right?
- Yes! It’s a Double-Pay Day
- It’s Weekend Rest Day!