Download Multiplication and Division of Fractions (Veterans’ Day Themed) Math Worksheets
Click the button below to get instant access to these premium worksheets for use in the classroom or at a home.
This worksheet can be edited by Premium members using the free Google Slides online software. Click the Edit button above to get started.
We use arithmetic daily. We add, subtract, multiply, or divide when we count our bills and coins, calculate the distance of two places from one another, figure out how many pounds of meat to buy, etc.
What do you learn in Arithmetic?
- Kindergarten start to add by counting numbers using the fingers on one hand — 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 — and starting with 6 on the second hand.
- 1st to 2nd graders begin to count to 100 by ones, twos, fives, and tens. They can also do basic addition and subtraction up to 20.
- 3rd graders shift from using hands-on methods to using paper and pencil to work out math problems. They can now do addition and subtraction with regrouping (also known as borrowing). They can now start do multiplication and division, by relating it to fact families (collections of related math facts, like 2 × 4 = 8 and 4 × 2 = 8)
- 4th to 5th graders explore the two- and three-digit multiplication (like 360 × 21). They can now solve complete long division, with or without remainders.
- Middle schoolers learn basic algebra with one unknown number (like 3 + x = 8). They also show enthusiasm in working with fractions, percentages, and proportions
- High schoolers apply numbers in real-life situations (like calculating a sale price or comparing student loans)
What is a Fraction?
- A fraction is a numerical quantity that represents equal parts of a whole. It is also considered as a ratio of two integers
- NUMERATOR – it is a number located at the top of a common fraction that indicates the number of equal parts taken.
- DENOMINATOR – It is a number at the bottom of a common fraction that shows the number of equal parts in a whole.
Division of Fractions (Veterans’ Day Themed) Math Worksheets
This is a fantastic bundle that includes everything you need to know about Division of Fractions across 23 in-depth pages. These are ready-to-use worksheets aimed at students 8-11 years of age.
Each ready to use worksheet collection includes 10 activities and an answer guide. Not quite right for your class? Don’t worry! All our worksheets are completely editable so can be tailored for your curriculum and target audience.
Click any of the example images below to view a larger version.
Worksheets Activities Included
Ages 8-10 (Basic) 4th & 5th Grade
- Stars for the General
- Salute to our Soldiers
- A Feast of the Veterans
- The Soldiers Mission
Ages 9-11 (Advanced) 5th & 6th Grade
- Give Thanks to Our Army
- Before Veterans Day
- President Eisenhower
- Peace Heroes
- Veterans Day Celebration