Download Like Fractions (CoVid-19 Themed) Worksheets
Looking for the best way to teach students about Like Fractions?
This premium worksheet bundle contains 10 activities to challenge your students and help them understand Like Fractions.
Not ready to purchase a subscription yet? Click here to download a sample of this worksheet pack.
- Like fractions refer to group of two or more fractions that have exactly the same denominator.
- It is also known as similar fractions.
- Examples are ¼, 2/4, ¾, and 4/4.
- Understanding like fractions is important because it is very useful in adding and subtracting fractions and mixed numbers.
ILLUSTRATING LIKE FRACTIONS
- NUMERATOR – tells the shaded portion of the fraction/ whole.
- DENOMINATOR – tells into how many portions the whole is divided to.
REWRITING FRACTIONS AS LIKE FRACTIONS
To rewrite fractions as like fractions,
- Find the LCM of the given denominators.
- Divide the LCM to the denominator of the fraction then multiply the quotient to the numerator.
- Set the LCM as LCD (least common denominator). This will be the new denominator of the like fractions.
Like Fractions Worksheets
This is a fantastic bundle which includes everything you need to know about Like Fractions across 15+ in-depth pages.
Each ready to use worksheet collection includes 10 activities and an answer guide. Not teaching common core standards? Don’t worry! All our worksheets are completely editable so can be tailored for your curriculum and target audience.
Click any of the example images below to view a larger version.