Download Problem Solving – Counting and Number Problems (National Poetry Day Themed) Worksheets
Click the button below to get instant access to these premium worksheets for use in the classroom or at a home.
This worksheet can be edited by Premium members using the free Google Slides online software. Click the Edit button above to get started.
Problem-solving skills refer to the ability to identify a problem, determine its origin, and figure out all possible solutions to solve the problem. These are also a set of skills where you could formulate a variety of unique ways to solve a problem.
Mathematics aids us to understand the world and to provides an effective way of building mental discipline. Math encourages logical reasoning, critical thinking, creative thinking, abstract or spatial thinking, problem-solving ability, and even effective communication skills.
- plays a significant factor in mathematics and should have a critical role in the mathematics education of K-12 students.
- enhances a generic ability to solve real life problems and apply mathematics in real life situations.
- makes students to believe in their ability to think mathematically. They will appreciate that learning math means finding the solution to a problem.
Where can we apply problem-solving skills?
- in managing your finances
- in shopping for the best price of goods
- in preparing/cooking food
- in figuring out distance, length, or weight
- in generating more than one solution/alternative
- in making the best decision/option
- in predicting possible outcomes
George Polya’s Problem Solving Technique
- Do you understand all the words in the problem?
- What are you asked to find or show?
- Can you state the problem in your own words?
- Are the details enough for you to find the answer?
- Is it possible to use guess and check technique?
- Can you eliminate possibilities?
- Which plan will work? Which plan will not work?
- Will I use addition or subtraction?
- What is the equation?
- What will be the next step?
- Can you prove your solution?
- Can you check if your answer is correct?
- Does everything turn out well?
- What are the steps that worked and didn’t work?
Problem Solving – Counting and Number Problems (National Poetry Day Themed) Worksheets
This is a fantastic bundle which includes everything you need to know about Problem Solving – Counting and Number Problems across 21 in-depth pages. These are ready-to-use Common core aligned Kindergarten to 8th Grade Math worksheets.
Each ready to use worksheet collection includes 10 activities and an answer guide. Not teaching common core standards? Don’t worry! All our worksheets are completely editable so can be tailored for your curriculum and target audience.
Click any of the example images below to view a larger version.
Worksheets Activities Included
Ages 4-8 (Basic)
- Dahl’s Poem
- The Buckingham Palace
- Fruit Basket
- Shakespeare Says
- I Am a Math Poet
Ages 8-13 (Advanced)
- Word and Number Mystery
- Just Letters
- The Biggest Library in Town
- The Greatest Poet of them All
- My Own Math Riddle