Download Area of Squares and Rectangles (Real Estates Themed) Worksheets
Looking for the best way to teach students about Area of Squares and Rectangles?
This premium worksheet bundle contains 10 activities to challenge your students and help them understand Area of Squares and Rectangles.
Not ready to purchase a subscription yet? Click here to download a sample of this worksheet pack.
- The area of a two-dimensional shape is the space occupied by it.
- Some synonymous terms for area are space and region.
- Area is measured in square units such as square feet, square meters, acres, etc.
- “Quad” means four and “lateral” means side
- It is a 2-dimensional figure
- It is a closed-flat shape
- It has four edges and four straight sides
- The types of quadrilaterals are square, rectangle, rhombus, parallelogram, kite, trapezoid/trapezium.
Area of square
A = s x s
Area of rectangle
A = lw
Yvonne is a real estate agent. Currently, she is trying to sell two house and lot properties. The smaller property is a square-shaped lot whose side measures 16 meters while the bigger one is rectangular in shape with length equal to 32 m and width equal to 25 m. Compute for the lot area of the two properties.
Since the lot is square in shape, we just need to multiply 16 m to itself to get the area. So,
A = 16 m x 16 m = 256 square meters.
The lot area of the smaller property is 256 square meters.
Since the lot is a rectangular shape, we just need to multiply its length and width. So,
A = 32 m x 25 m = 800 square meters.
The lot area of the bigger property is 800 square meters.
Area of Squares and Rectangles (Real Estates Themed) Worksheets
This is a fantastic bundle which includes everything you need to know about Area of Squares and Rectangles across 21 in-depth pages.
Each ready to use worksheet collection includes 10 activities and an answer guide. Not teaching common core standards? Don’t worry! All our worksheets are completely editable so can be tailored for your curriculum and target audience.
Click any of the example images below to view a larger version.
Worksheets Activities Included
Ages 8-9 (Basic)
- Townhouse for Sale
- Yvonne: The Real Estate Agent
- Lot to Buy, Lot to Solve
- Sale Promo
- Our Real Estate
Ages 9-10 (Advanced)
- How Much In All?
- HWM Real Estates Offerings
- How Much is the Downpayment?
- Monthly Amortization
- Which One is More Expensive?