Download Area of Irregular Shapes (Skills Themed) Worksheets
Looking for the best way to teach students about Area of Irregular Shapes?
This premium worksheet bundle contains 10 activities to challenge your students and help them understand Area of Irregular Shapes.
Not ready to purchase a subscription yet? Click here to download a sample of this worksheet pack.
- Irregular shape is a shape that has angles of different sizes and sides of different lengths.
- Compared to regular shapes, irregular shapes are often much harder to name because don’t look like the more conventional regular shapes.
- In finding the area of irregular shapes, you need to divide the irregular shape into regular shapes that you know such as rectangle, triangle, square, circle and etc.
- Now, we can find the total area of the irregular shape by adding the areas of the regular shapes which we obtained from dividing the irregular shape.
AREA OF REGULAR SHAPES
Formula: A = l x w
l = length
w = width
Formula: A = x2
x = side length of the square
Formula: A = ½ (b x h)
b = base
h = height
Formula: A = πr2
r = radius
Area of Irregular Shapes (Skills Themed) Worksheets
This is a fantastic bundle which includes everything you need to know about Area of Irregular Shapes across 21 in-depth pages. These are ready-to-use Common core aligned 5th and 6th Grade Math worksheets.
Each ready to use worksheet collection includes 10 activities and an answer guide. Not teaching common core standards? Don’t worry! All our worksheets are completely editable so can be tailored for your curriculum and target audience.
Click any of the example images below to view a larger version.
Worksheets Activities Included
Ages 9-10 (Basic)
- Talent in Drawing
- Puzzle Enthusiast
- Structural Designer
- Dream University
- Math Quizzers
Ages 10-11 (Advanced)
- Engineering Student
- Let’s Make Origami
- Into Landscaping
- Amanda, the Interior Designer
- Passion for Carpentry