Download Understanding Congruence and Similarity of 2D Figures Worksheets
Looking for the best way to teach students about Understanding Congruence and Similarity of 2D Figures?
This premium worksheet bundle contains 10 activities to challenge your students and help them understand Congruence and Similarity of 2D Figures.
Congruent figures have the same shape and size while similar figures have the same shape but not necessarily have the same size. Identifying congruent and similar figures can be confusing sometimes. In this worksheet you will further understand the congruence and similarity of 2D figures.
- The word “congruent” comes from the Latin word “congruere” which means “to come together, correspond with”.
- Mathematically speaking, two figures are said to be congruent if they are exactly the same.
- Congruent figures are identical when it comes to their angle measurements, lengths of sides and overall dimensions.
- Congruent shapes can be rotated, translated and reflected and still be congruent.
- Similar figures are said to be similar if they are proportional to one another.
- They may have different sizes but as long as they are the same in shape and the ratios of their sides are equal, they are considered similar.
Understanding Congruence and Similarity of 2D Figures Worksheets
This is a fantastic bundle which includes everything you need to know about Understanding Congruence and Similarity of 2D Figures across 15+ in-depth pages. These are ready-to-use Common core aligned Grade 8 Math worksheets.
Each ready to use worksheet collection includes 10 activities and an answer guide. Not teaching common core standards? Don’t worry! All our worksheets are completely editable so can be tailored for your curriculum and target audience.
Click any of the example images below to view a larger version.
Worksheet Activities Included
- All Geared Up
- Sheer Cold Conundrum
- Igloo Bungalow
- The Arctic Express
- Narwhal Watching
- Blizzard Blitz
- Meeting the Locals
- Cold Beach Watch
- The Icebreaker
- Research Recall