Free Place Value & Rounding worksheets and activities
In this section you will find illustrated examples to help understand place value including help with understanding place values as used with decimals. There are also several worked examples illustrated how to round numbers including to the nearest 10, 100, and 1,000. If you are looking for place value worksheets, you find some further down this page.
Join today and get premium math worksheets to cover any topic you need to teach.
When discussing place value with your children, emphasize exchanging 10 ones for 1 ten (and 10 tens for 1 hundred) as you work from right to left. Similarly, when moving to the right, talk about exchanging 1 ten for 10 ones, and so on.
This listing of Place Value Charts can be used to practice working with these concepts. Note, deselecting the Show Numbers option on the charts allows them to be used as Place Value Worksheets.
Place value worksheets
- Ones and Tens in a Number Frame
- Place value (numbers to 99)
- Place value (numbers to 999)
- Place value (numbers to 9,999)
Have shot of this place value worksheet generator. Questions require standard form numbers to be written in expanded form. e.g. 4,117 = 4,000 + 100 + 10 + 7. Number ranges can be limited to 99, to 999, to 9,999, and/ or to 999,999.
You will also find another worksheet generator here that requires students to identify the number of hundreds, tens, and ones that are represented with place value blocks.
Try this number grid puzzle. It is a multi-page worksheet and includes 10 variations.
The worksheets below will help when working with decimals. They include questions and exercises covering rounding decimals and comparing and ordering with tenths, hundredths, and thousandths.
- Rounding decimals to the nearest whole number
- Rounding decimals to the nearest tenth
- Rounding decimals to the nearest hundredth
- Comparing and ordering decimals
- Identifying and writing decimals - tenths
- Identifying and writing decimals - hundredths
- Identifying and writing decimals - thousandths