Download the Rounding Off Decimals Up To Thousandths Worksheets
Looking for the best way to teach students about rounding off decimals up to thousandths?
This premium worksheet bundle contains 10 activities to challenge your students and help them understand rounding off decimals up to thousandths.
Having an answer with too many digits is sometimes unnecessary. To make numbers simpler and easier to understand, rounding it off can be the best solution. As such, rounding means making a number simpler but keeping its value close to what it is.
- Rounding is making a number less complicated but keeping its value close to what it was.
- Rounding off makes the result less accurate, but easier to use.
- It makes calculation a lot easier to do and results easier to understand, given that the exact values are not too important.
RULES IN ROUNDING DECIMALS
- Know which is the last digit to retain
- It doesn’t need to change any if the next digit is less than 5 (0 to 4) . This is called rounding down.
- But add 1 if the next digit is 5 or more (5 to 9) . This is called rounding up.
Round off 130.58 and 278.15 to the nearest whole number.
130.58 --- the basis for rounding off is the tenths digit.
Since the tenth digit is 5, we should add 1 to 130 and the answer will be 131.
Rounding Off Decimals Up To Thousandths Worksheets
This is a fantastic bundle which includes everything you need to know about Rounding Off Decimals Up To Thousandths across 15+ in-depth pages. These are ready-to-use Common core aligned Grade 5 Math worksheets.
Each ready to use worksheet collection includes 10 activities and an answer guide. Not teaching common core standards? Don’t worry! All our worksheets are completely editable so can be tailored for your curriculum and target audience.
Click any of the example images below to view a larger version.
Worksheet Activities Included
- House Concept
- Living Room Area
- Kitchen Upgrade
- New Bathroom Style
- Bedroom Enhancement
- Home plan
- Construction Supplies
- House Cart