Download the Recognizing Symmetrical Figures Worksheets
Looking for the best way to teach students about recognizing symmetrical figures?
This premium worksheet bundle contains 10 activities to challenge your students and help them understand recognizing symmetrical figures.
In geometry, symmetry happens when two or more parts are identical after a flip, slide or turn.
- This comes from words “syn” which means “together” and “metros” which means “to measure”.
- This means agreement in dimensions, due proportion, arrangement, having a common measure, even, proportionate.
LINE OF SYMMETRY
- The "Line of Symmetry" is the imaginary line where you could fold the image and have both halves match exactly.
- It is also known as reflection symmetry where one half of the picture reflects the other side, in half, of the figure.
- Vertical Line of Symmetry- A line which runs down an image. Thus, dividing it into two identical halves.
- Horizontal Line of Symmetry. A line that runs across the image thus dividing into two identical halves.
Recognizing Symmetrical Figures Worksheets
This is a fantastic bundle which includes everything you need to know about Recognizing Symmetrical Figures across 15+ in-depth pages. These are ready-to-use Common core aligned Grade 4 Math worksheets.
Each ready to use worksheet collection includes 10 activities and an answer guide. Not teaching common core standards? Don’t worry! All our worksheets are completely editable so can be tailored for your curriculum and target audience.
Click any of the example images below to view a larger version.
Worksheet Activities Included
- Bug or Butterfly
- Nature Shapes
- Green Runs or Across?
- Garden of Geometry
- Symmetrical Plants
- Flowers and Shapes
- Beautiful Blooms
- Identical Garden Stuff
- Our Garden
- Garden Journal