Grades K-8 Worksheets
Looking for high-quality Math worksheets aligned to Common Core standards for Grades K-8?
Our premium worksheet bundles contain 10 activities and answer key to challenge your students and help them understand each and every topic within their grade level.
Multiplying fractions is relatively straightforward. These are the steps:
- multiply the numerators
- multiply the denominators
- reduce the fraction to its simplest form
These three steps are illustrated below:
Have a look at the fraction worksheet generator. It provides limitless multiplying fraction questions including with whole numbers and with mixed numbers.
Multiplying Fractions Visually
The three examples below illustrate the multiplication of fractions.
Common error when multiplying fractions by a whole number
The example below shows an error that is made by students when the multiplication involves a whole number.
Multiplying the numerator and denominator by the same number is the same as multiplying the fraction by 1.
- Multiplying Fractions e.g. 4/7 x 3/4
- Multiplying Fractions and Numbers e.g. 4 x 6/7
- Multiplying Fractions and Mixed Numbers e.g. 4 x 3 6/7
- Multiplying Mixed Numbers e.g. 4 2/3 x 5 3/4
Use the worksheets above to practice multiplying with fractions.