Download Multiplying and Dividing Multi-Digit Whole Numbers Worksheet
Looking for the best way to teach students about Multiplying and Dividing Multi-Digit Whole Numbers?
This premium worksheet bundle contains 10 activities to challenge your students and help them understand Multiplying and Dividing Multi-Digit Whole Numbers.
Multiplication is commutative in a way that two numbers can be multiplied in any order while remaining the product the same. On the other hand, division is the inverse operation of multiplication with a goal of seeing how many equal groups or how many in each group shares fairly.
Let us begin to learn the multiplication operation! I will teach you how to solve 4-digit number by 2-digit number with this kind of operation.
6,731 x 15
- List down the given in “long multiplication” way for easier solving. Start first with the ‘ones’ of your multiplier. Thus, start multiplying it to the ‘ones’ of your multiplicand.
- Afterwards, proceed with the ‘tens’ of your multiplicand. Your multiplier is still in the ‘ones’ digit, you have to finish all the remaining place value before proceeding to the ‘tens’ digit of your multiplier.
- Repeat the process until you finish all the place value of your multiplicand.
- As you can see, your ‘tens’ digit resulted in a 2-digit number (15). With that, just place the ‘ones’ digit of the obtained answer (5) and carry out the ‘tens’ digit (1) onto the next place value. Add the number carried out to your obtained product.
- Repeat the 2nd bullet every time you obtained a 2-digit answer. Take note that 1 is not always being carried onto the next value, it varies depending on your answer.
- Once you reached the last digit of the place value and you obtained a 2-digit answer, write the 2-digit product you obtained since there is no next value to place the carried number.
- Now that the ‘ones’ digit is complete, you will now proceed to the ‘tens’ digit of the multiplier. It applies the same process made earlier.
- After multiplying all the digits, the products obtained will be added. Once added, that is now your final answer. Thus, 6, 731 x 15 = 100, 965.
Multiplying and Dividing Multi-Digit Whole Numbers Worksheets
This is a fantastic bundle which includes everything you need to know about Multiplying and Dividing Multi-Digit Whole Numbers across 15+ in-depth pages. These are ready-to-use Common core aligned Grade 5 Math worksheets.
Each ready to use worksheet collection includes 10 activities and an answer guide. Not teaching common core standards? Don’t worry! All our worksheets are completely editable so can be tailored for your curriculum and target audience.
Click any of the example images below to view a larger version.
Worksheet Activities Included
- Medical Check
- Contact Tracing
- First Aid Kit
- Medical Assistance
- Covid Test
- Virus Protection
- Covid Flash Report
- 14-Day Quarantine
- Pandemic Blog