You might find this versatile number line generator to be useful.
The Fractions Number Line above is aligned, either partially or wholly, with standard 4NF03 taken from the CCSM (Common Core Standards For Mathematics) – see the extract below). The resources below are similarly aligned.
Understand a fraction a/b with a > 1 as a sum of fractions 1/b.
- Understand addition and subtraction of fractions as joining and separating parts referring to the same whole.
- Decompose a fraction into a sum of fractions with the same denominator in more than one way, recording each decomposition by an equation. Justify decompositions, e.g., by using a visual fraction model. Examples: 3/8 = 1/8 + 1/8 + 1/8 ; 3/8 = 1/8 + 2/8 ; 2 1/8 = 1 + 1 + 1/8 = 8/8 + 8/8 + 1/8.
- Add and subtract mixed numbers with like denominators, e.g., by replacing each mixed number with an equivalent fraction, and/or by using properties of operations and the relationship between addition and subtraction.
- Solve word problems involving addition and subtraction of fractions referring to the same whole and having like denominators, e.g., by using visual fraction models and equations to represent the problem.
- Blank – Marked at the Thirds (with option of 1 to 8 lines/ page)
- Blank – Marked at the Sixths (with option of 1 to 8 lines/ page)
- Blank – Marked at the Sevenths (with option of 1 to 8 lines/ page)
- Blank – Marked at the Eighths (with option of 1 to 8 lines/ page)
- Blank – Marked at the Ninths (with option of 1 to 8 lines/ page)
- Mixed Numbers e.g. 15/4 = 3 3/4
- Mixed Numbers to Fractions e.g. 3 3/4 > 15/4
- Adding Fractions (same denominator) e.g. 4/7 + 2/7
- Adding Mixed Numbers (same denominator) e.g. 4 2/9 + 6 5/9
- Subtracting Fractions (same denominator e.g. 4/7 – 2/7
- Subtracting Mixed Numbers (same denominator) e.g. 4 5/9 – 6 2/9
- Fraction Worksheet Generator inc. adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing
- Improper Fractions to Mixed Numbers Generator (and vice-versa)
- Fractions Greater Than One (2-page worksheet)
Similar to the above listing, the resources below are aligned to related standards in the Common Core For Mathematics that together support the following learning outcome:
Build fractions from unit fractions by applying and extending previous understandings of operations on whole numbers