—— Note: The Information above this point will not be sent to your printer ——–
|1. Which of the following is not a characteristic of similar figures?
A. Proportional sides
B. Equal angle measurements
C. Same shape
D. Congruent side lengths
D. Congruent side lengths
|2. Are the figures below similar? Explain.
The figures are not similar. They are not the same shape. One is a square and the other is a rectangle.
|3. Explain why figures A and B are similar.
||These figures are similar because the sides are proportional. Figure A is three times greater than figure B.|
|4. Which of the figures is similar to the one below?
|5. If the figures below are proportional, what is true about the angles of the smaller figure?
||The angles are 60° because the triangles are similar. The triangles are similar because the sides are proportional and they are the same figure (equilateral triangle).|
—— Note: The Information below this point will not be sent to your printer ——–
The various resources listed below are aligned to the same standard, (8G03) taken from the CCSM (Common Core Standards For Mathematics) as the Geometry Worksheet shown above.
Describe the effect of dilations, translations, rotations, and reflections on two-dimensional figures using coordinates.
Similarity, Congruence and Transformations
- Transformations (3-Page)
- Transformations: Vector Translations
- Transformations: Rotations & Reflections
- Transformations: Calculating Coordinates
- Dilations (Size Transformations)
Similar to the above listing, the resources below are aligned to related standards in the Common Core For Mathematics that together support the following learning outcome:
Understand congruence and similarity using physical models, transparencies, or geometry software
- Congruent Triangles: With Transformations (From Example/Guidance)
- How To Find Missing Angles (From Example/Guidance)
- Similarity in Triangles (From Example/Guidance)
- Congruent Worksheet (1 of 3) (From Worksheet)
- Congruent Worksheet (2 of 3) (From Worksheet)
- Congruent Worksheet (3 of 3) (From Worksheet)
- Similar Figures (From Worksheet)
- Similar Triangles (From Worksheet)
- Missing Angles (3-Page) (From Worksheet)
- 180° in a Triangle Activity (2-Page Cutting Out Activity) (From Worksheet)
- Finding Missing Angles (From Worksheet)
- 360° in a Quadrilateral Activity (Activity: Cutting & Rearranging Corners) (From Worksheet)
- Similar Triangles (1 of 2) e.g. calculating scale factors and dimensions (From Worksheet)
- Similar Triangles (2 of 2) (From Worksheet)