—— Note: The Information above this point will not be sent to your printer ——–
|1. The original coordinates of a figure are (1,2); (-3,2); (8,0); (0,-8).
What are the new coordinates of a figure after S4?
(4,8); (-12,8); (32,0); (0,-32)
|2. The original coordinates of a figure are (1,2); (-3,2); (8,0); (0,-8). After a size transformation, the new coordinates are (5,10); (-15,10); (40,0); (0,-40). What was the factor of the size transformation?
|3. Triangle XYZ is shown on the Cartesian plane. Draw a similar triangle with a size transformation of 2.
(-4,0); (4,0); (8,0)
4. Draw a 4 x 4 square at the center of the Cartesian plane. Then perform a transformation of S1.5. Using the new coordinates, draw a second square on the Cartesian plane.
The coordinates of the smaller square
Multiply each of those numbers by 1.5.
—— Note: The Information below this point will not be sent to your printer ——–
The various resources listed below are aligned to the same standard, (8G03) taken from the CCSM (Common Core Standards For Mathematics) as the Geometry Worksheet shown above.
Describe the effect of dilations, translations, rotations, and reflections on two-dimensional figures using coordinates.
Similarity, Congruence and Transformations
- Transformations (3-Page)
- Transformations: Vector Translations
- Transformations: Rotations & Reflections
- Transformations: Calculating Coordinates
- Similar Figures
Similar to the above listing, the resources below are aligned to related standards in the Common Core For Mathematics that together support the following learning outcome:
Understand congruence and similarity using physical models, transparencies, or geometry software
- Congruent Triangles: With Transformations (From Example/Guidance)
- How To Find Missing Angles (From Example/Guidance)
- Similarity in Triangles (From Example/Guidance)
- Congruent Worksheet (1 of 3) (From Worksheet)
- Congruent Worksheet (2 of 3) (From Worksheet)
- Congruent Worksheet (3 of 3) (From Worksheet)
- Similar Figures (From Worksheet)
- Similar Triangles (From Worksheet)
- Missing Angles (3-Page) (From Worksheet)
- 180° in a Triangle Activity (2-Page Cutting Out Activity) (From Worksheet)
- Finding Missing Angles (From Worksheet)
- 360° in a Quadrilateral Activity (Activity: Cutting & Rearranging Corners) (From Worksheet)
- Similar Triangles (1 of 2) e.g. calculating scale factors and dimensions (From Worksheet)
- Similar Triangles (2 of 2) (From Worksheet)